Berwyn, PA (PRWEB) February 05, 2015
The conference, Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation, which has grown in attendance and stature since its inception in 2011, has traditionally drawn together hundreds of the nation’s foremost experts for a thought-provoking, two-day discourse on the latest issues affecting asbestos and toxic tort litigation.
Chairing the 2015 conference will be John D. Cooney, Esq., Cooney & Conway, Chicago, IL; Timothy L. Krippner, Esq., Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd. Chicago, IL; and
Jeffrey B. Simon, Esq., Simon Greenstone Panatier Bartlett, PC, Dallas, TX.
Featured speakers include five judges, renowned plaintiff and defense attorneys, in-house counsel, insurance professionals, risk managers and industry experts. Panel discussions will address emerging trends in litigation, new discoveries, and legal rulings that affect thousands of cases with multi-billion-dollar impacts to the economy.
Members of the bench participating in panels include:
- Hon. Mark Davidson, 11th Civil District of Texas – Harris County, TX
- Hon. Emilie H. Elias, Los Angeles Superior Court – Los Angeles, CA
- Hon. Teri Jackson, Asbestos Department Judge, San Francisco Superior Court, San Francisco, CA
- Hon. Arnold L. New, Court of Common Pleas, Coordinating Judge, Complex Litigation – Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Hon. Brad Seligman, Asbestos Department Judge, Alameda County Superior Court, Oakland, CA
An In-House Counsel and Insurance Perspectives Roundtable will feature:
- Edwin S. Gault, Esq., Forman Perry Watkins Krutz & Tardy LLP, Jackson, MS
- Brian DeSoto, Divisional Senior Vice President, Great American Insurance Group, Cincinnati, OH
- Tammy Fanning, Deputy General Counsel- Product Liability, Continental, Fort Mill, SC
- L. Michelle Gessner, Vice President Litigation & Compliance, Big Lots Stores, Columbus, OH
- Neil A. Huber, AIC Vice President, Chubb & Son, Warren, NJ
- Shaka Johnson, Legal Director, Law Department, Sony Electronics Inc., San Diego, CA
- Pamela Pettus, Director of Claims and Insurance Litigation, BFC Financial Corporation – Risk Management, Boca Raton, FL
Additional panel discussions will focus on:
- The Top Emerging Trends in 2015 Asbestos Litigation
- The Relationship between Carriers and Insureds in the Changing Litigation Environment
- Key Jurisdictional Updates in Illinois, Louisiana and Pennsylvania
- The Bankruptcy Trust Offset: What is it and should it be applied in a Civil Case?
- A Medical Update: An Analytical Review of Lung Cancer, Current Medicine, Epidemiology and Mesothelioma
- New York, New York - The Battle in the Big Apple
- Ethical Issues Raised by Product Identification and Damages Allocation
- Women in Business Breakfast Roundtable
- The Legislative Angle: The Congressional Approach to Asbestos Litigation
- The Discovery Deposition Conundrum
In addition to exclusive learning, information sharing, and networking opportunities, CLE Accreditation and CE Adjuster Accreditation for this conference will be provided as requested by attendees.
For more information, registration and hotel accommodations, please visit http://www.PerrinConferences.com .
- * *
About Perrin Conferences
As the leading national provider of joint plaintiff/defendant litigation conferences, Perrin Conferences offers comprehensive and specialized continuing legal education (CE/CLE) in an atmosphere of learning, networking and sharing. The company’s conferences attract influential leaders and foremost talent in the legal industry to discuss current topics in litigation through mock trials, presentations and webinars, setting the standard in professional litigation education and networking.
# # #