It's an IRN Summit!
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 8 February 2015
Asia Pacific (Apac) countries present enormous opportunities for oil and gas companies, with some oil leaders recently announcing further expenditure for hydrocarbon production development as the region’s energy market has the highest contribution to the global energy demand. In order to produce hydrocarbons in this region, oil and gas companies must address its particular security challenges.
With this in mind, IRN is delighted to announce the launch of a platform unique in its focus, the inaugural Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Security Forum, to take place in Bangkok, Thailand on 21st-22nd May.
The Forum is the newest addition to IRN’s extensive portfolio of regional oil and gas security Summits, which are organised under the Chatham House rule, in a discrete 5* environment and with an outstanding panel of experts sharing their insights and experiences.
Amongst the number of security issues that presentations at the Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Security Forum will address are:
- Present and emerging security challenges in Apac
- Terrorism in South, South-East and East Asia
- Business travel security – duty of care
- Location technologies for employee and assets’ protection
- Pandemic crisis management
- Cooperation with local communities
- Safety and Security in Southeast Asian waters
- Maritime Security in the South China Sea
- Effective port security planning
- Developing an immediate evacuation plan
- Latest security technologies for offshore installations
- Dealing with the insider threat – Cargo crime in Malaysia
- Protection of pipeline networks
- Dealing with oil theft – oil siphoning in Indonesia
- Security of new ventures
- Integration of physical and IT security
- Business Continuity Planning
More information about the Forum can be found on the website http://www.oilgassecurity.com and about the organisers, IRN, at http://www.irn-international.com. IRN offers daily updates about the project in their LinkedIn Group – Global Security Networking Platform and their Twitter account - @IRN_Security.