Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce a new date for “Anthem’s Cancer Care Quality Program: A Blueprint to Improve Care and Reduce Costs,” a webinar featuring Jennifer Malin, M.D., Ph.D, medical director of oncology at Anthem. On Feb. 18, Dr. Malin will detail the specifics of the Anthem program, the expectations in terms of outcomes and cost control, the lessons already learned and the changes the giant carrier has already made in its initial plans.
In a 60 minute presentation followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, Dr. Malin will provide valuable perspectives about:
- What was the motivation behind the Anthem program?
- What was the original plan, and how have the pathways already expanded since the program started?
- What are the specifics of how the program works? For example, how do providers know if a treatment regimen is on-pathway?
- How does the program incorporate biomarkers indicating that patients are appropriate candidates for certain drugs?
- What role do providers play in the pathways?
- How has Anthem communicated with providers as it rolls out the program? What has been the response from the provider community?
- How does this program compare with other pathways programs? What does Anthem see as the pros and cons of different models?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5p03_011315 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.