Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
Regulatory requirements, security concerns and innovations in cloud and mobility are among the Top 10 trends driving quality assurance and testing (QAT) in healthcare, according to Healthcare IT Leaders. Chief Quality Officer Michael Cooper presented his 10 key trends for the year in an on-demand web conference. The webinar replay and slides are available at: http://info.healthcareitleaders.com/top-10-trends-in-healthcare-qa-and-testing-for-2015
The trends are drawn from industry research along with Healthcare IT Leaders’ real-world experiences assisting hospital, payor, pharma and life science clients with their QAT needs. The Top 10 Healthcare QA and Testing Trends for 2015 are:
1) Compliance Testing and ICD-10. Many providers, in particular, have yet to begin external testing for the October 2015 ICD-10 compliance deadline.
2) Mobile Testing. Critical for organizations using multiple devices and platforms.
3) Cloud, SaaS and Big Data. Cloud migration and data projects require specialized testing skills.
4) Security Testing. With security breaches on the rise, application level testing takes on new importance.
5) Testing Centers of Excellence. A quarter of global IT organizations now operate TCoEs.
6) Agile Development and Testing. Testers are adapting as more companies use Agile development methods.
7) Return to Onshore QAT. Companies are reducing reliance on offshore testing partners.
8) Test Specialization. Career paths for testers become increasingly specialized around new technologies and software.
9) Testing Tool Innovation. Open source tools and commercial products enhance testing efficiency and documentation.
10) QAT Spending Increases. IT organizations are projected to spend 29% on QAT by 2017.
“We’re advising our clients to identify and focus on the highest value testing activities for their organization. In healthcare, we see testers playing a critical role to improve patient experience and mitigate business risks that can range from improper billing to security breaches,” said Cooper.
“Our on-demand webinar offers valuable benchmarks and guidance for healthcare organizations to help them adapt to changes in the QAT landscape,” he added.
About Healthcare IT Leaders
Named one of the Best Staffing Firms to Work For by Staffing Industry Analysts, Healthcare IT Leaders is a national consulting and recruitment firm that matches top IT talent to contract and permanent jobs at leading healthcare industry employers. Learn more online at http://www.healthcareitleaders.com.