Startel Secure Messaging Plus for Android not only expands our product offering footprint but help furthers our goal of providing the healthcare community with a vehicle to deliver secure and seamless communication.
Irvine - CA (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
Startel Corporation, a leading provider of unified business communications for contact centers and telephone answering services, today announced that its new secure messaging solution, Startel Secure Messaging Plus (SM+), is now available for Android®. With this new software, users can send and receive secure messages, including audio and image attachments, from Android devices.
SM+ for Android includes the same key features and functionality available to iOS® users. All message content and attachments sent and received on devices using SM+ are encrypted. In addition, messages cannot be forwarded, copied, saved, and/or printed, preventing sensitive information from being passed on to individuals who should not have access to it. Other features included in the SM+ release for Android are:
- Expiring Messages: Messages can expire when marked as read or filed, or in a specified number of days. Messages without a defined expiration will expire within the originating subscriber’s default number of days, not to exceed 30 days.
- Attachment Support: Send and exchange voice recording, audio and image attachments securely.
- Remote Wipe Capability: If a device is lost or stolen, users can protect it by remotely erasing all of the SM+ app data stored on the device.
- Encrypted Messages: Using encryption technology, messages and attachments are encrypted on servers, devices and in transit.
- Easy Management: Administrators utilizing any standard browser can create accounts, manage subscribers, set login identification credentials and reset passwords via a secure HTTPS Website.
“We are thrilled to expand our new secure messaging solution to include compatibility with Android devices,” said Bill Lane, president and CEO of Startel. “By providing the marketplace with the ability to access Startel Secure Messaging Plus through multiple operating systems and devices, we will not only expand our product offering footprint but help further our goal of providing the healthcare community with a vehicle to deliver secure and seamless communication.”
Startel Secure Messaging Plus is available now as a stand-alone solution or can be integrated with the Startel Contact Management Center. The SM+ app is compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS (iPad®, iPhone®, iTouch®). For more information, or to transition to Secure Messaging Plus, contact Startel Sales at sales(at)startel(dot)com.
About Startel Corporation
Startel is a leading provider of unified communications, business process automation, and performance management solutions and services. Since its founding in 1980, Startel has established a loyal customer base from a variety of industries, including contact centers, education, government, healthcare, insurance, telephone answering service and utilities. Startel leverages its unique solutions and industry knowledge and experience to empower organizations to improve agent productivity, reduce operating costs and increase revenues. For more information, contact Rachel Sauerbrey at 949.863.8776 or visit http://www.startel.com.