Orlando, FL (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
Full Sail University is proud to announce that 17 graduates worked on 11 GRAMMY®-winning projects across 14 categories at the 57th Annual GRAMMY® Awards (http://www.grammy.com), which aired live on CBS, Sunday, February 8, 2015 and was hosted by LL Cool J.
Full Sail graduates have mixed, recorded, or assisted on 18 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year releases over the past 25 years. In total, 52 Full Sail graduates were credited on 46 artists’ releases that were nominated across 40 separate categories.
GRAMMY®-winning projects that Full Sail graduates contributed to over this past year and were honored during this year’s ceremony include:
- Best Pop Solo Performance (Pharrell Williams – “Happy (Live)”)
- Best Rock Performance (Jack White III – “Lazaretto”)
- Best R&B Performance (Beyoncé Featuring Jay Z – “Drunk In Love”)
- Best R&B Song (Beyoncé Featuring Jay Z – “Drunk In Love”)
- Best Urban Contemporary Album (Pharrell Williams – “Girl”)
- Best Gospel Performance/Song (Smokey Norful – “No Greater Love”)
- Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album (Calle 13 – “Multiviral”)
- Best Comedy Album (Mandatory Fun – “’Weird Al’ Yankovic”)
- Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media (Various Artists – “Frozen”)
- Best Song Written For Visual Media (Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez – “Let It Go”)
- Best Arrangements and Vocals (Billy Childs & Various Artists – “Map To The Treasure: Reimagining Laura Nyro”)
- Best Surround Sound Album (Beyoncé – “Beyoncé”)
- Best Contemporary Classical Composition (Ludovic Morlot & Seattle Symphony – “Adams, John Luther: Become Ocean”)
- Best Music Video (Pharrell Williams – “Happy”)
“We are thrilled that so many Full Sail University graduates have contributed to this year’s GRAMMY®-nominated and winning projects,” said Jay Noble, Vice President, Alumni Relations, Full Sail University. “We are honored to celebrate this very special moment in their careers.”
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers Master, Bachelor, and Associate campus and online degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.