CAMBRIDGE, MA (PRWEB) February 11, 2015
For a second year, some of the hottest Boston and Cambridge restaurants and breweries will join together at The Great Boston Chili Bowl. A competition for best chili, the event raises funds for ALS research. Open to the public, The Great Boston Chili Bowl will take place on Saturday, March 7 from noon to 4PM at the atrium of 100 Technology Square in Cambridge, MA. Last year, the event sold out with 500 attendees.
Run as a charity event, all funds raised from The Great Boston Chili Bowl benefit the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS.net), the world’s first and largest nonprofit biotech focused 100 percent on ALS research, located in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA. Sponsored by Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. and Katsiroubas Bros, the Great Boston Chili Bowl is 21+. General admission is $46.50, which includes entry to the event, unlimited chili and beer samples, a commemorative tasting glass and free on-site garage parking.
Participating restaurants include:
- Amelia's Trattoria, Cambridge, MA
- Catalyst Restaurant, Cambridge, MA
- Chica de Gallo, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Commonwealth, Cambridge, MA
*Note: Chef-owner Steve “Nookie” Postal was a contestant on Season 1 of Bravo’s “Around the World in 80 Plates” TV show
- Firebrand Saints, Cambridge, MA
- Flat Top Johnny's, Cambridge, MA
- The Gallows, Boston, MA
- La Brasa, Somerville, MA
*Note: Chef/owners Frank McClelland (owner of L’Espalier) and Daniel Bojorquez placed first in their category at Boston Lamb Jam 2014
- Nubar, Cambridge, MA
- Puritan & Company, Cambridge, MA
- Tortilleria La Nina, Everett, MA
- Veggie Galaxy, Cambridge, MA
Participating breweries include:
- Aeronaut Brewing Company, Somerville, MA
- Blue Hills Brewery, Canton, MA
- Downeast Cider House, Boston, MA
- Foolproof Brewing Company, Pawtucket, RI
- John Harvard's Brewery and Alehouse, Cambridge, MA
- Narragansett Beer, Providence, RI
- Portico Brewing Company, Boston, MA
- Slumbrew Brewing Company, Somerville, MA
- Smuttynose Brewing Co., Hampton, NH
More restaurants and breweries are expected to join. For the latest information and to buy tickets in advance, visit http://www.greatchilibowl.com.
About the ALS Therapy Development Institute
The ALS Therapy Development Institute and its scientists actively discover and develop treatments for ALS. The Institute is the world’s first and largest nonprofit biotech focused 100 percent on ALS research. Led by ALS patients and their families, the charity understands the urgent need to slow and stop this horrible disease. Based in Cambridge, MA, the Institute has served as one of the leaders in sharing data and information with academic and ALS research organizations, patients and their families. For more information, visit http://www.als.net.