Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 10, 2015
In-house researchers for Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), have found approximately 27 million more covered lives across U.S. health plans compared with last year, an increase of more than 10%. Their findings will be published in the upcoming AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2015, a data resource which will be available late this month.
Over the Directory’s 12 years of publication, “We have never seen this level of increase before,” says Susan Namovicz-Peat, director of AIS’s directories and databases division. “Typically, we see less than a 3% increase.”
AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2015 benchmarks several significant trends in health insurance, including the following:
- Health plans attributed more than 6.5 million new members to the first year of public exchanges.
- The individual mandate netted health plans almost 5 million new individual members — a 44% increase from a year ago.
- Medicaid expansion efforts at the state level have resulted in a 30% increase in the number of Medicaid-covered individuals over last year.
- SCHIP enrollment, meanwhile, is down, as many states shifted children into Medicaid plans covering the entire family.
- As of this year, 50% of all health plans are provider-sponsored, and they cover 11% of all members, nationally — almost 33 million people.
- Medicare Advantage (Part C) enrollment is up 10%.
Research and data tracking is conducted by in-house researchers who work exclusively for AIS. To produce AIS’s Directory of Health Plans, the company’s on-staff researchers personally interview or survey a knowledgeable person at each health plan — including subsidiaries and parent companies — to get a clear picture of product offerings, contracts and markets.
AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2015, an annual resource of health plan enrollment data and contact information for all health plans operating in the U.S., is available for pre-order and will deliver at the end of this month. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans to view sample pages, a table of contents and a complete list of data fields.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.