Join Crawford Advisors for this nationally recognized benefits and compliance webinar series.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Hunt Valley, MD (PRWEB) February 17, 2015
Join Crawford Advisors General Counsel and Vice President of Compliance, Patrick Haynes, for this complimentary HRCI pre-approved webinar* as he discusses the complicated Intersection of the Affordable Care Act and ERISA. In this one hour presentation, attorney Haynes will review the evolving landscape pertaining to Health Care Reform and new claims and defenses. Topics to be reviewed:
- Court Cases: NFIB v. Sebelius, Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, Halbig v. Burwell, King v. Burwell
- The Good & Bad ER-Mandate Strategies
- Workforce realignments
- The return of ERISA §510, 29 U.S.C. §1140
- ACA Whistleblower Protection
- Benefit Claims Procedures
- NY State Psychiatric Assoc., Inc. v. UnitedHealth Group
Date: Feb 26, 2015 at 12:00 PM EST.
Register using this link
Open to all HR professionals - but not brokers, agents, TPAs, consultants
- This webinar has been approved for 1 HR General recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Crawford Advisors, LLC is a nationally recognized employee benefits consulting, brokerage and administration firm specializing in the design and implementation of employee health and welfare benefit plans. Assisting its top‐tier clients to drive a greater return on investment, Crawford’s full-service approach delivers consulting and administrative solutions that eliminate paperwork, manage compliance risk, increase recruiting power and reduce health care costs. For more information, visit http://www.crawfordadvisors.com.
- NFIB v. Sebelius, 132 S. Ct. 2566 (2012) U.S. Supreme Court
- Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., 2014, No. 13–354, 723 F. 3d 1114, affirmed; No. 13–356, 724 F. 3d 377 (U.S. Supreme Court).
- Halbig v. Burwell, 2014 WL 3579745 (D.C. Cir. July 22, 2014)
- King v. Burwell, 2014 WL 3582800 (4th Cir. July 22, 2014)
- New York State Psychiatric Assoc., Inc. v. UnitedHealth Group, 2013 WL 5878897 (S.D.N.Y. Oct. 31, 2013)