PALO ALTO, CA (PRWEB) February 12, 2015
In preparation for Valentine’s Day this weekend, BrideBox Wedding Albums has conducted a survey to learn more about engagement and wedding customs of the modern era. The goal was to learn more about today’s couples and their behavior when it comes to dating, proposals and engagements. In this day and age, the customs of generations past are no longer applicable. Ages at which couples get engaged vary widely, and it’s no longer the standard for men to propose to women.
“The wedding industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. There’s incredible value in knowing the behavioral patterns of the target market,” said Chanan Steinhart, CEO of BrideBox. “Our goal is to clarify the path couples take, from being in a relationship to the proposal to the actual wedding day, in hopes of better understanding how time affects the average couple.”
We surveyed 2,072 women living in the United States aged 18 to 45 over the course of three weeks in 2015. Some important findings to note include:
- Americans date on average 41 months (3.42 years) before getting engaged.
- Women between the ages of 21 and 35 spend the longest amount of time dating, 46 months (3.83 years), before proposing
- Couples who got engaged at age 35 or older spend less time dating than those between 21 and 35 - 40 months (3.33 years)
- Brides younger than 20 years old are likely to spend the least amount of time dating before engagement - 29 months (2.42 years)
- 30% of all our respondents dated their partners for at least 5 years before getting engaged
The full survey results and data have been made available so that wedding industry professionals and interested parties may access and use the statistics for their own research. To download the data, please visit the BrideBox Wedding Albums blog.
About BrideBox Wedding Albums
BrideBox Wedding Albums is devoted to helping couples design their own wedding albums without sacrificing the top quality materials and photofinishing that mark a professionally-produced album. Our unique process gives consumers access to products previously only available through photography professionals. The BrideBox line of wedding albums offers beautiful, professional-quality products at a DIY price.
BrideBox Wedding Albums is a division of DigiLabs, Inc., a privately-held company that creates superior photo products available through professional photographers.
For more information, visit http://www.bridebox.com