Morris Plains, New Jersey (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
The International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) announces its Strategic Advisory Board, led by accomplished executives across various industry sectors. A 501(c)(3) non-profit, the ICMCP is dedicated to advancing women and minorities in cyber security.
The executives from across industries and positions will advise the ICMCP on all matters impacting the advancement of women and minorities in cybersecurity, including scholarship programs, mentoring, professional development while delivering networking opportunities.
African Americans and Hispanics are consistently underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field with only some 6 percent of STEM workers being African American despite making up some 11 percent of the US workforce, according the a 2013 US Department of Commerce Report. The report also found that Hispanics comprised 7 percent of the STEM workforce while making up 15 percent of the US workforce. According to The (ISC)2 Global Information Security Workforce Subreport, only 11 percent of Information Security professionals are women despite women making up about half of the workforce.
The Strategic Board appointments include nine accomplished executives working with the executive staff to provide carefully designed programs and opportunities. The executive board’s staff is responsible for the execution of the strategy as adopted by the ICMCP’s Strategic Board, with the mission of providing opportunities and mechanisms to increase the representation and executive participation of women and minorities in the security sector.
The new Strategic Board members include:
- Corey Thomas, CEO and President, Rapid7
- Chris Young, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Intel Security Group at Intel Corporation.
- Kris Lovejoy, Global Head, IBM Security Services
- Danyetta Magana, President Covenant Security Solutions
- Rich Baich, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Wells Fargo
- Mary Beth Borgwing, C Shift® Founder, Standish Risk Management
- Sara Hall, Deputy CISO Department of Health and Human Services
- John Masserini, Chief Security Officer (CSO) Miami International Holdings
- Joshua Sowers, CSO CDK Global
The nine new Board Members join the following information security luminaries on the Strategic Board under the Chairmanship of Julian Waits, former CEO of ThreatTrack:
- Roland Cloutier, Global Chief Security Officer ADP
- Marci McCarthy, CEO and President T.E.N.
- Sarah (Merrion) Isaacs, CISSP Managing Partner Conventus Corporation
- Joyce Brocaglia, CEO Alta Associates
- Nektar Baziotis, President ENKI Technologies, CEO Apogee Information Systems
“We are thrilled to have such luminaries in both the public and private sector leading our Strategic Advisory Board,” said Devon Bryan, Founder & President of ICMCP, and Vice President, Technical Security Services at ADP. “It is inspiring that so many leaders in their fields are committed to bridging the great minority cyber divide in the security sector. Their dedication and commitment to advancing these underrepresented talent bases is admirable and will serve only to strengthen security for our nation. I am proud to be a member of this organization.”
The International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It began official operations in September 2014 and is organized exclusively for charitable purposes, to provide members with educational/technical scholarships, mentoring opportunities, professional development and networking.
Media Contact :
Veda Woods, Executive Director, 1-800-924-1458