Morris Plains, NJ (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
The International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) today announced the appointment of industry-recognized professionals to its Executive Staff. A 501(c)(3) non-profit, the ICMCP is dedicated to advancing women and major minority groups in cybersecurity.
The incoming executives join leading security practitioners across industries working to address the growing under-representation of women and other minorities in the fast-growing cybersecurity field.
The appointments include several accomplished executives joining the current team and Strategic Advisory Board to deliver innovative programs and initiatives consistent with the organization's vision and strategy. The new members include:
- Veda Woods, CISO/ Deputy CIO, Public Sector, will serve as the Executive Director
- Aric K. Perminter, Chairman of the Board and CEO Lynx Technology Partners, Inc., will serve as Programs Chairperson
- Yonesy Nunez, International Information Security Leader for a global financial services firm, will serve as Membership Chairperson
- Bernice McCallum, Manager Advanced Threat Analysis, Philips, will serve as Corporate Events Chairperson
- Aimee Rhodes, Founder and Editor-in-Chief Security Current, will serve as Communications Chairperson
- Cynthia Arias, Global GRC Program Manager, ADP LLC, will serve as Fundraising Chairperson
- Aimee Larsen Kirkpatrick, President, ALK Strategies, will serve as Industry Partnerships Chairperson
- Mona Rao, Senior Director, Information Security at The SAVO Group, will serve as Academic Partnerships Chairperson
- Tony Carter, Chief Technology Officer, Lynx Technology Partners, Inc., will serve as Veterans Programs Co-Chairperson
- Brent Bidjou, Global Privacy, Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance Counsel, will serve as Legal Advisor
- Sali Osman, Information Security Officer, Time Inc., will serve as Mentor-Protégé Programs Co-Chairperson
- Denise Hucke, VP, Chief Business Security Officer for US & Canada at ADP, will serve as the Corporate Events Co-Chairperson
- Deborah Page, Executive Recruiter, McCormick Group, will serve as the Membership Co-Chairperson
- James Asimah, IS Security and Compliance Operation Manager, will serve as Recording Secretary
Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the executive board are Carlos Edwards, ICMCP Co-founder and VP of Operations, and Larry Whiteside Jr., ICMCP Co-founder and Executive VP.
“We are excited to welcome such accomplished professionals to our executive staff,” said Devon Bryan, Co-founder & President of ICMCP, and Vice President, Technical Security Services at ADP LLC. “This group of passionate executives are committed to fostering broader diversity among the next generation of cybersecurity professionals and ensuring the burgeoning cybersecurity sector is accessible to all talented and gifted individuals irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity. I look forward to working with them to further our goals.”
The new members echoed the sentiments, with Veda Woods stating: “I am extremely proud to be a member of the ICMCP. As an information security professional I recognize the need for more diversity in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields, as well as the critical need for qualified defenders of our Nation’s networks. Through the ICMCP, it is our goal to secure more minority participation in these critical career fields and strengthen our Nation’s defense at the same time.”
The International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It began official operations in September 2014 and is organized exclusively for charitable purposes, to provide members with educational/technical scholarships, mentoring opportunities, professional development and networking.
Media Contact: Veda Woods, Executive Director, 1-800-924-1458