San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) February 19, 2015
As movie-lovers prepare to celebrate the best of the silver screen, Viator – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – is giving travelers behind-the-scenes access to the best of Tinsel Town. Whether visiting Los Angeles or other popular filming destinations like New York City, Miami and Paris, Viator has a selection of movie-themed tours and activities that make you feel like you’re part of the… “ACTION!”
Explore the Heart of Hollywood
Visitors to Los Angeles have the unique opportunity to explore the lore and legacy of the epicenter of the film industry. From studio tours to celebrity homes, Viator has a hand picked selection of activities that will bring to life your best memories of the big screen.
- One of the most recent additions to Viator's selection of movie-themed tours and sure to be a blockbuster hit, travelers can explore back-lots and soundstages like a top exec and check out the homes of the rich and famous during the Warner Bros VIP Studio Tour and Movie Stars Homes Tour. Travelers will be the real winners saving nearly 15% off the The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- For those who love scandal, drama and the seedier side in general, the Dearly Departed: The Tragic History Tour of Los Angeles takes in more than 100 infamous sites of the underbelly of the City of Angels.
- For a real insider’s view, the Movie Stars Homes Tour cruises by more than 40 mansions during a leisurely drive that includes the Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive.
- Hollywood is a living museum of American architecture and history with little known landmarks and architectural marvels including Disney's El Capitan Theater explored during the Hollywood Behind the Scenes Walking Tour.
- For the ultimate celebrity-spotting and juicy dishing tour, the TMZ Hollywood Celebrity Hot Spot Tour in Los Angeles scours the streets of Hollywood, West Hollywood and Beverly Hills in search of today’s hottest celebrities.
The World of Hollywood Magic
Hollywood works hard to create amazing imagery to set the stage for their masterpieces, but sometimes it’s the city itself that plays a staring role. New York, Chicago and Paris are just a few cities that have played a best supporting role in movies like ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and ‘Forrest Gump” and Viator lets travelers bring those scenes to life in cities around the world.
- Set the stage for When Harry Met Sally, The Way We Were and Sex and the City during the New York City Romantic Movie Sites Tour.
- The Devil Wears Prada but travelers can wear whatever they want during the New York TV and Movie Sites Tour.
- Away from the big city lights more exotic backdrops are needed for films like Jurassic Park and Godzilla, discovered during the Lost Tour and Other Hawaii Movie Locations by Hummer.
- Learn about Hollywood’s love affair with Miami – think Scarface and 2 Fast 2 Furious – during the Miami Movie and TV Sites Tour.
- “People call me Forrest Gump”… visit some beautiful Southern movie locations but also the local haunts made famous by the directors and divas of the movie world during the Movie Tour of Savannahs Historic District.
- Middle-earth is the hometown of the characters in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Thanks to filmmaker Peter Jackson, Middle-earth came alive and Viator has a section of Lord of the Rings and Hobbiton Tours in New Zealand.
- London brings to mind many icons of the silver screen. Viator has a selection of tours that explore the worlds of Paddington Bear, James Bond and Harry Potter to name just a few.
- Join an expert guide on a cinematic exploration of a charming, artsy neighborhood that played host to crews from Moulin Rouge and Midnight in Paris among many others during the Paris Movie Tour of Montmartre.
For more information on these and thousands of other amazing travel experiences as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 315 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com and iens.nl), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: Google Analytics, average monthly unique users, Q3 2014; does not include traffic to daodao.com