This sale highlights the vibrant colors, bold imagery, and commentary on popular culture and mass consumerism for which the movement is best known.
New York / Berlin (PRWEB) February 20, 2015
artnet Auctions is pleased to announce our highly anticipated Pop Art auction, featuring a fresh selection of nearly 50 works by the movement's most sought-after artists. This sale highlights the vibrant colors, bold imagery, and commentary on popular culture and mass consumerism for which the movement is best known, with stellar works by Pop Art luminaries Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Keith Haring, Robert Rauschenberg, and Tom Wesselmann, among others.
- Andy Warhol, Chicken ‘N Dumplings, Scotch Broth, and New England Clam Chowder from Campbell’s Soup II, 1969. Estimated at $12,000 to 18,000 each.
- Robert Rauschenberg, Signs, 1970. Estimated at $14,000 to 16,000.
- Roy Lichtenstein, Interior with Chair (from Leo Castelli 90th Birthday portfolio), 1996. Estimated at $15,000 to 25,000.
- Keith Haring, Untitled (from Pop Shop III), 1989. Estimated at $7,000 to 10,000.
- Andy Warhol, Flowers, 1970. Estimated at $35,000 to 40,000.
- Andy Warhol, Mao, 1972. Estimated at $35,000 to 45,000.
- Roy Lichtenstein, Red Barn, 1969. Estimated at $16,000 to 18,000.
- Andy Warhol, Jacqueline Kennedy III (Jackie III), 1966. Estimated at $14,000 to 16,000.
- Roy Lichtenstein, Temple, 1964. Estimated at $6,000 to 8,000.
- Andy Warhol, San Francisco Silverspot (from Endangered Species), 1983. Estimated at $55,000 to 65,000.
- Roy Lichtenstein, Cow Triptych (Cow Going Abstract) (3 works), 1982. Estimated at $12,000 to 15,000.
Pop Art is live on artnet Auctions now through February 26, 2015, and is on view at http://www.artnet.com/auctions/pop-art-february-2015.
For more information about this sale, please contact artnet Auctions specialist:
SPECIALIST, CONTEMPORARY ART, PRINTS & MULTIPLES
+1-212-497-9700 ext. 595
artnet is the leading online resource for the international art market. Established in 1989, artnet provides reliable information and market transparency to art collectors. With our comprehensive suite of products, artnet can empower anyone with a passion for art.
With 24/7 worldwide bidding, artnet Auctions & Private Sales is a dynamic marketplace for collecting art. Our online auction platform provides a unique collecting experience with seamless flow between consignors, specialists, and collectors. Our auctions and private sales community influences new collectors and inspires everyone to collect art.