Paris Terror Drives Europe to Lead ETD Market Growth: CAGR 16%
Washington D.C. (PRWEB) February 24, 2015
Explosives and Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) is a key modality within the Homeland Security, military and public safety infrastructure. Uses of ETD include air-sea-land transportation security, force protection, law enforcement, critical infrastructure protection and public safety. According to Homeland Security Research Corp.'s (HSRC) latest report, Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Global Market – 2015-2020, the ETD market (including systems sales, service, consumables and upgrades) will present multibillion-dollar business opportunities growing at a CAGR of 14% from 2015 to 2020.
The ETD market's accelerated growth period is driven by:
- The January 2015 Paris terror attack leading to a European security funding hike
- No competitive explosives and narcotics trace detection products on the horizon
- Oil-gas industry security needs
- China’s massive investments in new airports and public security
- Middle Eastern terror
- Latin America war on drugs
- The Indian government counter terror investments
- The U.S. and the EU legislations enforcing 100% cargo screening on all passenger flights
The Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Global Market 2015-2020 report segmented into 45 submarkets, offers for each submarket 2011-2014 data, as well as 2015-2020 forecast and analysis. In 538 pages, 157 tables and 137 figures, the report analyzes and projects the market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Vertical submarkets (e.g., transportation security, secured facilities security)
- National and regional markets (U.S., Europe, China, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Latin America, ROW)
- 27 national markets data including: national ETD market background, aviation security and more
- Over 1700 airports, segmented by country, with their recent traffic data
- ETD sales vs. upgrade, consumables and service revenues
- Sales by product configuration (hand-held, table-top and other detectors)
- Product comparison tables
- Major ETD vendors profiles, products and prices including: Auto Clear US (Formerly Control Screening LLC), Biosensor Applications AB, DetectaChem, LLC, Electronic Sensor Technology, Hitachi, Ltd, ICx Technologies (Flir), Ion Applications, Inc., Ketech Defence, Mistral Security, Inc, Morpho Detection Inc., NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Red X Defense, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Sibel Ltd, Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Westminster International Ltd.
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- Recent U.S. government contracts with ETD suppliers (including general terms & conditions, price lists and more): Control Screening LLC, Federal Resources Supply Co., ICx Technologies Inc., Implant Sciences Corp, Laurus Systems Inc., Morpho Detection, Security 20/20 Inc., Security Detection, Smiths Detection, Treasure Electronics, Inc., Veteran Corps of America, Winvale Group.
- Contact info of more than 550 potential ETD customers (authorized air-cargo screening facilities)
- Current and pipeline ETD technologies including: Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS), ChemiLuminescence (Thermal Energy Analyzers), Electron Capture Detectors (ECD), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Nanotechnology-enabled Technologies for Explosives Detection, Advanced Sample Collection, Dual Sensor ETD Technology, Chemical Warfare and Narcotics Trace Detectors, Receptor-based Technologies, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Nano-mechanical Sensors, Electronic Nose, Silica Micro-cantilever, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Protein Coated Carbon Nanotubes, Piezo-resistive Polymer Cantilever, Inkjet Based Wireless ETD Sensor, Amino-silane Coated Nanowires Arrays, Free-surface Microfluidic Control of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Cantilever Nano Mechanical Sensors, Sensor Array and Neural Network, Temperature-Stepped Desorption, UV-PLF, Non-Contact Explosives Harvesting, Pulsed-Ultraviolet Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Nanowire-Nano-cluster Hybrids, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), MEMS-Based Explosive Particle Detection, Remote Particle Stimulation, Laser Vaporization.
- Business opportunities
- Product price lists, including list prices and U.S. government prices of 100’s systems and consumables
- Competitive analysis & SWOT analysis
Explore more Homeland Security and Public Safety Reports at http://www.homelandsecurityresearch.com.
About Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC)
HSRC is Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC) is an international market research firm specializing in the Homeland Security and Public Safety (HLS & PS) Industry. With an over 750 loyal customer base (72% repeat customers), including dozens of government clients (e.g. U.S Congress, the DHS, U.S Army, U.S Navy, NATO, HLS & Public Safety government agencies in: U.K, Israel, Russia Japan, Korea, China, Canada, Germany, Australia, Sweden, Finland) and over 12 years of mainstream media interviews and citations (e.g. NY Times, CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg), we earned the industry reputation as the gold standard for HLS & PS market and technology reports. Our market and technology research reports enable our clients to gain time critical, industry intelligence by providing them with unique insights, business opportunities, granulated market analysis and in depth current and pipeline technological analysis in each of the submarkets we cover