Appleton, Wis. (PRWEB) February 24, 2015
The series is designed to transform healthcare professionals into lean leaders who drive higher value in their organizations.
“Management in a lean organization is built on leaders who coach, ask effective questions and solve problems,” said Marta Karlov, the Center’s director of education. “Fostering this new kind of leadership is the first step on healthcare’s Transformation Roadmap.”
Changing old habits is hard, so the Lean Leadership Series is designed to teach leaders how to practice new behaviors to create new habits. It covers a broad range of topics, including coaching skills, the scientific method of problem solving and the key components of enterprise excellence.
“The content is critical for any leader who aspires to become a lean leader,” said Luke Poppish, senior lean advisor of South Shore Hospital in Massachusetts. “This is a ‘just do it’ for all organizations struggling to find their way on their lean journey.”
The Lean Leadership Series allows participants to develop their own learning tracks by registering for up to three of the following sessions:
- A3 Thinking and Managing to Learn
- Coaching for Improvement
- Moving Beyond Budgeting in Healthcare
- The Building Blocks of Enterprise Excellence
- Creating a Lean Management System
- A gemba visit to tour the host site, Salem Health
CE credits also are available. The series blends classroom learning, gemba tours, and networking to offer a relevant, hands-on mix of experiences for leaders.
“This was the most valuable workshop I’ve ever attended,” said Leah Mitchell of Salem Health. “As an executive healthcare leader, [‘Coaching for Improvement’] caused me to reflect on how I lead and how to develop others.”
LEAN LEADERSHIP SERIES
- Insights from experts across a variety of disciplines
- Choose three of six innovative learning experiences, including one gemba
- Highly interactive sessions to allow for practice and learning from peers
- CE credits available
- Visit createvalue.org to learn more or to register
- Contact Marta Karlov at mkarlov(at)createvalue(dot)org with any questions
THEDACARE CENTER FOR HEALTHCARE VALUE
The ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value is an education institute that believes we must have three essential elements for sustainable change in healthcare: Delivery of care designed around the patient; payment and incentives based upon value and outcomes; and transparency of performance (quality and cost) throughout the healthcare system. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, we are a small not for profit with a big mission to help change the healthcare industry. Learn more at: createvalue.org.