Cambrige, MA (PRWEB) March 02, 2015
JoVE announced today the introduction of JoVE Quiz, an online tool designed for use with JoVE Science Education (SE), a leading database of videos demonstrating core laboratory techniques in molecular biology, genetics, neuroscience and other areas of biological and physical sciences. JoVE Quiz gives science instructors an easy, flexible online instrument for evaluating student outcomes following the use of JoVE SE.
“JoVE Quiz is very easy to use and offers great functionality. Not only does JoVE Quiz make lectures more engaging and enhance student understanding of lab techniques, it’s also a handy study guide for exams,” said Leonard Khiroug, Ph.D., Principal Investigator and Head of the In Vivo Microscopy Unit at the Neuroscience Center of the University of Helsinki, Finland.
A simple electronic evaluation tool that presents students with a series of questions and associated images, JoVE Quiz tests student comprehension and retention of academic topics covered in the JoVE videos. With JoVE Quiz, Science professors can:
- Employ pre-defined questions or custom design questions and topics related to the video
- Automatically compile and tabulate student responses
- Incorporate video images and customize them to match the difficulty of the question
- Create multiple instances of quizzes for use with classes and cohorts
- Enable students to test “open book,” watch the associated video alongside the question, stop and pause the video to respond to a question
For more information, email kathryn(dot)hughes(at)jove(dot)com.