"Our technology is the most innovative and advanced web-based visitation system in the industry." -- Jay Johnson, chairman, HomeWAV
St. Louis, Mo. (PRWEB) February 27, 2015
The Board of Directors of HomeWAV™, the web-based remote visitation system for correctional facilities, announced this week that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has allowed the claims of a patent application for the system. The formal issuance is expected shortly according to company officials.
Jay Johnson, Chairman of HomeWAV’s new Board of Directors made the announcement.
“Video visitation is the technology tool and wave of the future for correctional facilities. Our technology is the most innovative and advanced web-based visitation system in the industry, a fact that is now officially recognized by this allowance,” Johnson said.
“When issued, this patent will set us apart from all other systems in the industry. Facilities currently using HomeWAV can be reassured they selected the industry leader; for facilities now considering installing a video visitation system, our soon to be patented process is a clear distinction above alternative systems,” he said.
Johnson also confirmed the relocation of the company’s operations from Virginia Beach, Va., to St. Louis, Mo., effective immediately. The call center phone number will remain the same, toll-free, (877) 241-7559.
The new management team for HomeWAV became effective February 6, 2015. Joining Johnson on the Board of Directors are John Best and Chris Chelios.
- Johnson is a successful entrepreneur and was selected as “Businessman of the Year” in 2007 for the State of Illinois by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and was named first runner-up for the SBA’s national title that year.
- John Best is a proven manager and was named president of HomeWAV in February 2015. Formerly, Best was HomeWAV’s Director of Marketing and Service.
- Chris Chelios was named Director of Investor Relations along with his board appointment. Chelios was inducted into the NHL Hall of Fame in 2013; he is currently tied for the longest NHL career (27 years) mostly with the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks. Chris is also a shareholder in HomeWAV.
The HomeWAV system greatly reduces overall personnel costs for correctional facilities by making the visitation process simpler and safer for all involved in the following ways:
- HomeWAV’s soon to be patented process allows inmates to initiate a call directly to visitors without the need for advanced scheduling or staff/operator intervention. Family members and friends can conduct video visits with jail inmates using any suitable computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Corrections officials retain complete control of visits at all times with live monitoring, recording of all calls, and database access to visitation records. Unlike other visitation systems, since no jail personnel are involved in connecting the visit there is no need to schedule visits in advance.
# # #
HomeWAV is the leading web based video visitation company in the country with facilities in 20 states under contract. It was designed with guidance from jail administrators, with focus on the facilities’ needs and operation rather than requiring jails to operate within the parameters of the visitation system.
Since its launch in January 2012, HomeWAV has successfully managed hundreds of thousands of calls, tens of thousands of video messages and over a million visitation minutes in 50+ HomeWAV facilities. Facility personnel and users highly rate it for ease of use, reliability, and security. The system is being marketed nationwide to municipal, county, state and federal correctional facilities and is currently in use from coast-to-coast.
For more information on HomeWAV, visit: http://www.HomeWAV.com. The new HomeWAV address is 11100 Linpage Place, St. Louis, MO 63132. The new office phone number is (314) 764-2872.