While presentations like Al Gores’ An Inconvenient Truth are geared toward adults with data charts and graphs, Bert Saves the Earth uses simple messages with songs and interactive animal characters.
Medellin, Colombia (PRWEB) March 02, 2015
A Pew Research poll found that 49-percent of “steadfast conservatives” doubt global warming. Results like this lead Camila Echavarria, creative director at 1tucan.com, to use games to change minds.
“It’s hard to change an adult's mind," says Echavarria, “There is often a political agenda getting in the way. Our new app, Bert Saves the Earth, is geared to small children and breaks down big problems into ones your young kids can solve.”
While presentations like Al Gore’s "An Inconvenient Truth" are geared toward adults with data charts and graphs, Bert Saves the Earth uses simple messages with songs and interactive animal characters.
“The app keeps it simple; save water so the horse can drink,” she said. “Children feel great about their contribution because they see the turtle getting happier as they remove plastic litter from our oceans.”
When asked if the app could save the world, she said, “These lessons are geared for small children, so it’s possible even politicians can understand them.” She says,“It’s certainly my hope that it does [change the world] because environmental sustainability isn’t about the future of the Earth as much as it’s about our future on it.”
Bert Earth uses cause and effect learning. Depending on the decisions made in the game, the animals thrive or fight to survive. And the behaviors reinforced are good for your pocketbook too. For example:
- Turn off the lights if you're not using them, so the polar bears can have snow.
- Turn off the tap, so the horse can drink water.
- Shower fast, so the ducks can swim.
- Ride your bike as cars contaminate.
- Don't throw away plastic bags, so turtles don't eat them!
The app is available for immediate download in the Apple Store.
Features & Elements:
- Uses “Cause and Effect” learning to empower users to save the Earth.
- Play through 6 interactive scenes, 30 baby animal pictures and an animated song.
- Establishes important personal care habits (showering, brushing teeth).
- Strengthens your messages of “Think about your actions” though “Cause and Effect Learning!”
- Surprising bits of humor and character interaction that invite repeat play
- Fully narrated in 11 languages.
- Supreme design and beautiful artwork
- Original soundtrack and sound design
- App really pays for itself as child conserves utilities as learned in App.
- COPPA compliant, no ads, no in-app purchases
Video trailer and more info can be found here: http://bit.ly/BertEarthApp
Pricing and Availability:
Bert Earth is priced at $2.99 in the Apple App Store at http://bit.ly/AppBert
1tucan is a creative studio specializing in the development of quality educational apps for children. 1tucan award-winning apps have received excellent reviews and feedback from respected reviewers, parents, kids and educators. Its app Potty training learning with the animals Won Best app of the year ColombiaTic 2014, Gold Moms choice award, Appcircus Bogota, and today is one of the 16th finalist in WMC 2015. As a MOMs with Apps member, 1tucan follows the "Know What's Inside" best practices for kids' apps.