SIP Trunking offers extensive advantages that are opening up new and better opportunities for voice service delivery.
Harrisburg, PA (PRWEB) February 27, 2015
Grudi Associates is using SIP Trunking over recently deployed fiber-based telecom cables to help customers replace aging legacy systems with high-value voice-over IP (VoIP) technology.
"The benefits of SIP Trunking are extensive: from scalability, number portability and multisite connectivity to route diversity, management flexibility and cost-effectiveness,” says Walt Grudi, President of Grudi Associates, a leading provider of telecom and IT services in Central PA and beyond. “It is a key technology in the future of voice service delivery."
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Trunking is an Internet-based version of traditional POTS telephone service. It uses VoIP to connect a company or organization to the PSTN (public switched telephone network). Instead of relying on legacy TDM analog voice transmission, it utilizes much more powerful digital technology, eliminating the need for the older technology of carrier-grade phone switches that reside in the carrier’s central office. In addition, SIP Trunking is a single conduit for voice, data and multimedia that enables multiple signal types to travel over the same pipeline, which is a more efficient use of resources.
"The continuing expansion and growing cost-effectiveness of fiber-based telecom is making the full power of SIP Trunking available to many businesses," says Grudi. "The greater speeds and other benefits of fiber, plus the many benefits of SIP Trunking are changing how voice services are provided for the better."
SIP TRUNKING KEY BENEFITS
Grudi suggests that business consider key benefits when determining whether to move to SIP Trunking:
- Number Portability – Eliminates carrier restrictions that prevent porting of numbers to other exchanges and rate centers.
- Management Flexibility – Makes real-time management of phone numbers extremely easy.
- Single Voice & Data Connection – Voice and data can be simultaneously carried on the same Internet or private IP network connection, adding efficiency, capabilities and economy.
- Fast, Economical Scalability – When business needs change, it is much faster, easier and more economical to scale up a SIP Trunking connection than PRI service. In many cases, upgrades and changes are reduced from 45-60 days to 2-3 days, and for a fraction of the cost.
- Multi-Site Connectivity – Connecting in the cloud, not different telephone closets, enables businesses to utilize 4-digit dialing in the same building or across the country.
- Long Distance Cost – VoIP uses the Internet or a private IP network to connect long distance calls, avoiding many carrier fees.
- Backup & Business Continuity – Cloud-based technology makes it possible to instantaneously and automatically route calls to numbers in different facilities in the event of a catastrophic event or failure of service at a business location.
- Route Diversity – SIP Trunking can be delivered over any public Internet or private IP network connection with adequate bandwidth. Multiple connections can provide different routes to achieve redundancy.
Two approaches to SIP Trunking delivery should be considered: Dedicated Delivery and Best Effort Delivery. Dedicated Delivery uses a private IP connection and never goes across the public Internet. Best Effort Delivery utilizes public Internet connections, like DSL and cable.
"Selecting Best Effort Delivery will save money, but both quality and voice service will be vulnerable to high Internet traffic,” says Grudi. “Dedicated Delivery can deliver guaranteed Quality of Service, but it will cost more. Designing and provisioning the right SIP Trunking system for the business is essential. We recommend getting help from experts.”
Read Grudi Associates’ article: SIP Trunking
About Grudi Associates: Grudi Associates provides a broad range of telecom and IT services that help businesses and organizations connect and communicate more effectively. Through strategic partnerships with national and regional providers, Grudi Associates delivers innovative and cost-saving wireless, data, Internet, local and long distance, telecom management and hosted solutions. By providing its customers with a single point of contact for virtually any need, Grudi Associates delivers innovative solutions and simplified telecommunications.