GLOUCESTER, Va. (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
Ware Academy is pleased to announce the release of its 2013-2014 Annual Report, which emphasizes the academic year’s achievements and thanks generous supporters of the independent school’s annual fundraising drive, special events and in-kind support.
“Ware Academy is recognized for an academic program that’s devoted to academic achievement, the development of one’s mind and character, and outstanding and dedicated faculty, competitive athletics and a commitment to the fine and performing arts,” said Thomas L. Thomas, III, Ware Academy’s Head of the School. “But, it’s the close-knit fabric of Ware Academy that makes the school exceptionally special. It’s the community, families and friends that support Ware Academy that makes our programs possible.”
Among the news and accomplishments celebrated in the Annual Report include:
- The re-accreditation of Ware Academy by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS), which visited the campus in the fall of 2014;
- The record-breaking fundraising by the Development Office for the Ware Academy Fund. The Fund saw its highest percentage of participation among families and faculty and staff, and subsequently raised the largest sum of unrestricted dollars to date;
- The success of Ware Academy’s annual signature fundraising events, the Wild About Ware Auction and the summer Golf Tournament, which both raised a record amount thanks to attendance and sponsors;
- Students and their continued robust support to community service, including sending care packages to soldiers deployed to Afghanistan, raising money to provide children battling terminal illness with a superhero cape, and packaging and delivering toiletries and food to the Bread for Life Community Food Pantry;
- The graduation of 16 Eighth Graders, who went on to attend various regional public, private and independent high schools.
Ware Academy’s Annual Report “is our acknowledgement and sincere gratitude for your philanthropy,” Thomas said. “Thank you for making Ware Academy a priority in your charitable giving.”
To view the full Annual Report, visit http://www.wareacademy.org/ware-academy-releases-2014-annual-report/.
ABOUT WARE ACADEMY:
Located one mile from Main Street in Gloucester’s historic Courthouse district on a 19-acre campus, Ware Academy (est. 1949) is a co-ed, independent day school for students in Pre-Kindergarten 3 through Eighth Grade. Ware Academy empowers each student to achieve academic excellence, emphasizing the development of mind, body and character. The primary objectives are to educate the whole child to his fullest potential and for students to acquire a respect and a desire for learning in order to develop into independent, life long learners in preparation for productive and fulfilled lives. Keep in touch with Ware Academy online at http://www.wareacademy.org, on Facebook at /WareAcademy and on Twitter @WareAcademy1.