My father was in the military, my sister was and relatives going all the way back to the beginning...," said Vaughn. "I am always appreciative of the troops and all the sacrifices that are made, and its always been important to me to express that. ..
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) March 02, 2015
Long-time troop supporter/USO tour veteran Vince Vaughn has once again treated America’s armed forces to an advance USO movie screening – this time for his upcoming film “Unfinished Business.” The veteran actor made a special, moment-filled USO visit to Edwards Air Force Base, California on February 28, where he met with base command, visited with airmen and their families, and debuted the 20th Century Fox film exactly one week before it hits theaters nationwide, March 6. ***Link to USO photos below.***
- Vaughn kicked off the screening event by flying directly onto the base early Saturday afternoon. Upon the star’s arrival, he was welcomed by Col. Eric Leshinsky, the 412th MSG commander, and Col. David Radomski, the 412th Test Wing Vice Commander, at the flight line, then participated in an intimate USO meet & greet at the base library comprised of troops who recently returned from deployment overseas and airmen who were newly recognized for excellence in military service. As part of the USO meet & greet, Vaughn spoke individually with each person onsite, posed for photos and passed out pre-signed movie posters as a token of his thanks.
- A short time later, Vaughn made his way over to the base theater where Col. Leshinsky introduced the megastar to those in attendance and presented him with a welcome gift. Vaughn then extended his heartfelt gratitude, gave a brief introduction of “Unfinished Business” and premiered the film exclusively for troops and their families. The USO visit, to include the meet & greet and screening, were attended by hundreds of troops and their families.
- Ensuring the screening was able to take place and #USOMoments were experienced by all, the USO brought worked with Edwards Air Force Base (remotely located in California) to temporarily restore its base theater – previously not in operation – to a fully functional state in time for the screening by bringing in professional sound equipment and a state-of-the-art projection screen.
- Saturday’s visit marked not only Vaughn's third USO tour but also the third time the star has screened an upcoming film for troops. The actor first volunteered with the USO in June 2004 and premiered his film "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story." He then volunteered with the USO in September 2005, debuting his wildly popular, runaway hit movie "Wedding Crashers." Vaughn’s USO travels have taken him to many countries, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, United Arab of Emirates and now... Edwards Air Force Base in California. In total, Vaughn has visited, entertained and shared #USOmoments with more than 8,735 servicemen and women.
- Centered around a hard-working small business owner (played by Vaughn) and his two associates (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson and Dave Franco), “Unfinished Business” follows the group as they travel to Europe to close the most important deal of their lives. But what began as a routine business trip, quickly goes array and off the rails in every imaginable – and unimaginable – way, including an unplanned stop at a global economic summit, among other unplanned locations. “Unfinished Business” opens in theaters nationwide March 6.
- Appearing in more than 40 major motion pictures since the early 1980s, Vaughn has starred in such hit films as “The Internship” with Owen Wilson, “Couples Retreat” featuring Jason Bateman, “The Break-Up” opposite Jennifer Aniston, the cult classic “Wedding Crashers” and the hit film “Rudy,” among countless others.
- The USO strives to deliver life-changing experiences and make every moment count for troops and their families around the world year round, like “Unfinished Business” advance USO screening event at Edwards Air Force Base. The “Every Moment Counts” campaign invites Americans everywhere to join Vaughn and 20th Century Fox in honoring, celebrating and creating moments that matter for our nation’s troops and their families. Visit USOmoments.org to learn ways you can thank, give, create and share a moment for our troops.
QUOTE: Attributed to Vince Vaughn:
“My father was in the military, my sister was and relatives going all the way back to the beginning... I am always appreciative of the troops and all the sacrifices that are made and its always been important to me to express that. I think it started with me when I was shooting… (I had shot Dodgeball) and was shooting Wedding Crashers. I had met Pat Tillman and then I got the news in the morning on the tv that he had passed. It really bothered me and I had other friends who were overseas. So, I called the USO out of no where and said can I come over...”
USO Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/1zG0L0v
“Unfinished Business” Media (i.e. photos, video, artwork, etc.): Register at http://www.EPK.TV
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, GEICO, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visituso.org.