Shimadzu will host multiple poster presentations covering a variety of analytical techniques, including GC-MS/MS, FTIR, LC-MS, and UHPLC, for such topics as improving impurity analysis, marijuana screening for pesticides and pharma analysis.
COLUMBIA, Md. (PRWEB) March 02, 2015
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments will showcase several new products, host poster sessions and present on LCMS and marijuana analysis at the Pittcon 2015 conference and exhibition. The conference takes place March 8 to 12 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
Attendees can stop by booth 3121 to discuss laboratory challenges with Shimadzu’s technical experts and see firsthand how the company’s innovative, proven products help save time, money and effort in the lab.
New Product Showcase
- GCMS-TQ8040 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer
- i-Series Integrated High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Systems
- ICPE-9800 Series Simultaneous ICP Emission Spectrometers
- UV-3600 Plus UV-VIS-NIR Spectrophotometer
- UV-1280 Multipurpose UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Nexera UC Unified Chromatography System (On-Line SFE-SFC)
- “Next Generation LCMS Approaches: From Multivariate Panels to Targeted Bioanalysis” by Christopher Gilles
- “Techniques to Achieve Higher LCMS Sensitivity” by Robert Jay Classon, Christopher Gilles, Rachel Lieberman, William Hedgepeth and David Colquhoun
- “Reefer Labness: A Closer Look at Medical Marijuana Testing” by Scott Kuzdzal
Shimadzu will host multiple poster presentations covering a variety of analytical techniques, including GC-MS/MS, FTIR, LC-MS, and UHPLC, for such topics as improving impurity analysis, marijuana screening for pesticides and simultaneous analysis of pharmaceutical ingredients. Posters include:
- Ultra-High Speed Analysis of USP Methods Conforming to the New USP General Chapter 621 Allowed Limits
- Short Chain Fatty Acid Headspace Analysis for GC Using In-Vial Alcohol Esterification
- Improving Impurity Analysis in Photodiode Array Detection
- Simultaneous Analysis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Their Counter-Ions Using a Mixed-Mode Column
- Screening for Pesticides in Medical Marijuana Using Triple-Quadrupole GC-MS/MS
- Simultaneous Analysis of Water- and Fat-Soluble Vitamins in Beverages Using an ODS-Modified and Metal-Doped Column
- FTIR-ATR Characterization of Commercial Honey Samples and Their Adulteration with Sugar Syrups Using Chemometric Analysis
- Examination of Dietary Supplements for PDE-5 Inhibitor Adulteration by PLM and FTIR Microscopy
- Analyzing Chemical Composition of Rigid Polyurethane Foams Using FTIR Microscopy
- Analysis of Polysorbate 80 in Protein Formulations Using 2D LCMS
- Analysis of Amphetamine Using GC-MS/MS and Customized Reporting Formats for Forensic Laboratories
For more information on Shimadzu’s products, presentations and poster sessions, or to arrange an interview with a Shimadzu representative at Pittcon, contact Scott Clark at sclark(at)schubertb2b.com or 610-269-2100, ext. 225.
About Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) is the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corp., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Founded in 1875, Shimadzu is a $3 billion multinational corporation with three major divisions: Medical Diagnostics, Aerospace/Industrial and Analytical Instruments. In the United States, SSI has a network of more than 50 locations providing local and regional sales, service and technical support. Visit http://www.ssi.shimadzu.com for more information.