We maintain a wait list for sold-out classes, and sometimes have last-minute availability.
Glen Ellyn, IL (PRWEB) March 04, 2015
In anticipation of warmer weather and the seasonal produce to follow, Marcel’s Culinary Experience (http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retailer and recreational cooking school in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Chicago suburb), has announced its second quarter 2015 class schedule with more than 60 cooking classes designed for a variety of ages, skill levels and culinary interests.
“Spring historically is a time for renewal. For cooking enthusiasts, that may include a decision to eat cleaner and healthier, try new recipes and foods, or learn new cooking techniques,” says Marcel’s owner Jill Foucré. “Our second quarter schedule offers dozens of opportunities for people to accomplish those goals, and have fun at the same time.”
Second quarter 2015 highlights include:
- A new three-class “essentials” series designed to provide a foundation of practical skills, techniques and go-to recipes that can be used again and again.
- Seasonal-themed classes on early spring canning, summer breads, grilling, maximizing CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and farmers market produce.
- Mother’s Day-focused classes that involve cooking for – or with – mothers, grandmothers or other beloved female relatives.
- International classes – both hands-on and demonstration, no passport required -- that span the globe from Europe (the U.K., Spain, France, Italy) to Asia (Vietnam, Japan) and Latin America (Cuba, Mexico).
- Health-focused cooking classes taught by registered dietician Lynn Dugan on restocking your spring pantry, made-over baby boomer classic recipes and recipes to help you shape up for summer.
- Master classes on cooking with cast iron, building layers of flavor and advanced knife skills.
- Classes and day camps for young cooks ages 6-8 (Little Kids), ages 9-11 (Mid Kids) and ages 12-16 (Big Kids).
- Repeats and continuations of some of Marcel’s most popular classes and themes, including interactive cocktail parties, cooking fish and seafood, grilling and sushi making.
Because of the many sold-out classes Marcel’s experienced during the first quarter, Foucré opened registration for second quarter classes earlier than usual.
“People can use any of our gift cards they received over the holidays. We also maintain a wait list for all sold-out classes, and sometimes have last-minute availability,” she said.
Marcel’s, named 2014 U.S. Kitchenware Retailer of the Year by industry trade magazine The Gourmet Retailer, also hosts private cooking classes, demonstrations and other events for groups of 10 to 60.
For more information, including a complete schedule of classes, demonstrations and other events, stop by the store (490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn), visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com or call (630) 790-8500.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for private events of up to 60 people. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur. For more information, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.