Boulder, CO. (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced it will host a research webinar entitled “Security Analytics and Big Data: What You Need to Know,” featuring EMA research director, security and risk management, David Monahan, MapR Technologies senior product marketing manager, Sameer Nori, and MapR Technologies director technical marketing, Nick Amato.
In "The Evolution of Data Driven Security" research report from EMA, some key findings about frustrations with security detection and response were identified:
- 69% of organizations said that they currently felt only “somewhat confident” up to “highly doubtful” that they could detect an important security issue before it had a significant impact.
- Only 22% of organizations believe they are consistently successful in correlating security data to business impact.
- When asked about their top frustrations with IT security practices, the highest were 41% too difficult to distinguish between legitimate and malicious activity. 33% said inadequate ability to report/communicate meaningful information to business stake holders.
- When asked about their most significant frustrations with IT security technologies, 36% said tools are unable to recognize new/emerging threats or attacks and 34% said tools are too expensive compared to ROI/ value they provide.
To be successful, organizations need better data and increased capacity to analyze it. This is where security analytics and big data come into play. Organizations are investing heavily with both time and money to determine how to get the richest context about their environments to identify advanced persistent threats, insider attacks, and anything else that threatens their data and, ultimately, their bottom lines.
During this webinar learn about the convergence of security analytics and big data, as well as:
- Discover market trends driving organizations towards security analytics
- Understand how security analytics differs from Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Learn how techniques such as machine learning are enabling advanced security analytics
- See a demo of the MapR Security Log Analytics Quick Start Solution
The webinar is Wednesday, March 11 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Those who wish to attend can register at: http://research.enterprisemanagement.com/security-analytics-big-data-webinar-pr.html
Attendees will receive "The Evolution of Data Driven Security" research report (a $795 value).
Founded in 1996, EMA is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help their clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or blogs.enterprisemanagement.com.