Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
AmbyGear (http://www.ambygear.com) today unveiled the world’s first smart watch for kids that teaches life lessons while keeping them safe. AmbyGear features downloadable games and apps that drive good habits, encourage physical activity and promote responsibility, commitment and kindness in children. With built in GPS, text messaging and boundary alerts, AmbyGear also provides parents peace of mind by informing them how far and where their kids are, all from the convenience of a parent’s mobile phone. To view a video on how the AmbyGear Smart Watch benefits children and parents alike, click here. AmbyGear has launched an Indiegogo campaign to allow parents to preorder the Smart Watch at an introductory launch price of $99. Full retail price will be $129. For complete details on the Indiegogo campaign, visit http://igg.me/at/ambygear.
“As a parent of a child who once got lost on a bike ride, I’ve experienced firsthand the stress and anxiety of not knowing where my child was and whether he was safe. Over 1000 parents go through similar situations every day in the U.S.,” said Patrick Muggler, Founder & CEO of Ambit Networks, the maker of AmbyGear. “The AmbyGear Smart Watch solves this problem by incorporating GPS, text messaging and boundary alerts to keep children independent and safe in public, while giving parents peace of mind. We’ve outfitted the watch with educational games and apps resulting in the first device that not only combines safety and fun, but also drives good habits as well. By creating games out of daily routines, kids can use the AmbyGear Smart Watch to have fun, be active and learn at the same time.”
The AmbyGear Smart Watch games and apps are designed to teach kids valuable life lessons, promote outdoor recreation and help them gain more independence to explore their environment with more confidence. Lessons include keeping commitments, being on time and knowing their surroundings through activities such as scavenger hunts and geocaching. Parents can monitor their child’s activities and reward them for good behavior.
Features of the AmbyGear Smart Watch include:
- Downloadable educational games and apps connected to a reward system
- Emergency Calls: Initiate emergency calls from the watch and locate help fast
- Built-in GPS for precise location and accurate alerts
- Geo Fences: Create virtual fences to keep your kids safe
- Separation and distance monitoring to keep kids within reach
- Texting: Send text messages to the watch and receive short replies back
- Bluetooth Smart & Wi-Fi Connectivity: Always connected even without cellphone coverage. Kids are not required to have a mobile phone to use smart watch
- No monthly subscription fee
- Privacy: Secure data and privacy settings controlled by parents
- Tamper alert notifies parents when the watch is removed.
- Waterproof and shock resistant
- Up to 7-day battery life
- Open SDK for developers
- Wireless charging, eliminating wires
The AmbyGear Smart Watch will begin shipping in summer 2015. For more information visit http://www.ambygear.com.
For more information on the AmbyGear Smart Watch Indiegogo campaign, visit http://igg.me/at/ambygear.