San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
It’s Spring Break 2015… leave the same old beach and bar scene behind (at least for a few hours). Viator – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – has selected the top three coolest ways to experience five of the hottest spring break destinations like an insider: The Bahamas, Cancun, Jamaica, Miami and Puerto Rico.
With cultures as rich as the waters are warm, all Spring Breakers, whether student travelers or families, should make the most of their time in these popular destinations to explore the local history, heritage and lifestyle that makes each unique.
- Discover culinary and cultural treasures during the Nassau Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour, exploring Nassau’s historical neighborhoods and six unique local venues.
- Escape the crowded beach for a private offshore isle with soft white sand and tranquil aquamarine waters Private Island Beach Day from Nassau.
- The Nassau City Scavenger Hunt Adventure is a fun-filled 90-minutes exploring Nassau’s most popular sites like Queen's Staircase and Balcony House but with the added excitement of a thrilling scavenger hunt.
- Wake up early and experience one of the most famous Mayan sites with a private archeologist as your expert guide during the Viator Exclusive Early Access to Tulum Ruins with an Archeologist.
- A true immersion into the local culture, create a to last a lifetime at a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of the World during the Experience Mayan Culture Chichen Itza Cooking Class and Maya Traditions.
- Experience something amazing and off the beaten path you would never discover on your own with the Rio Secreto Underground River Tour with Crystal Caves and experience the tranquility and stillness of the ancient cave.
- The Rastafari Indigenous Village Tour from Montego Bay brings Spring Breakers in contact with local artisans, musicians and farmers, learning about the Rastafarian lifestyle and philosophy, taking part in local activities like cooking, drumming and crafts.
- Since Jamaica and Bob Marley are basically synonymous, Jamaica's Spirit of Reggae the Bob Marley Experience from Montego Bay is a must: an exploration into the life of the legend in Nine Mile, Mt. Zion and more.
- Visit the foothills of the Catadupa Mountains and sample the tropical fruits in season during the Croydon Plantation with Jamaican Lunch.
- Miami Art Tour Design District Midtown and Wynwood is a behind-the-scenes look at the local thriving art districts with visits to several signature galleries and museums led by an expert art curator.
- Combine Miami’s melting pot of Latin American cultures, the Art Deco district and 5-star restaurants to little holes-in-the-wall during the South Beach Cultural Food and Walking Tour.
- Little Havana Bike and Food Tour explores this bustling Cuban neighborhood with stops at several family-run Cuban restaurants to sample some local favorites such as a Medianoche and croquetas.
- Learn about the local history and heritage by way of the city’s food culture during Old San Juan Food Tour including an exploration through the blue cobblestone streets and visits to up to six tasting locations.
- Kick the spirits up a notch and discover Puerto Rico’s history of rum, as well as the secrets behind the brands and of course top-shelf tastings (with tapas) during the San Juan Premium Rum Tasting Tour.
- Another local specialty is coffee and the Adjuntas Coffee Plantation Day Trip from San Juan brings travelers into the fields to pick coffee cherries, tour the production plant and enjoy a beautiful local lunch.
In addition to these special insider experiences, Viator also has a broad selection of water sports and outdoor adventures, booze cruises, bar crawls and nightclub experiences to help plan a well-rounded Spring Break. For more information on these and thousands of other amazing travel experiences as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 315 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com and iens.nl), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: Google Analytics, average monthly unique users, Q3 2014; does not include traffic to daodao.com