'Cloud-based DR has quickly become the go-to technology for protecting virtual environments, but we continue to see companies make dangerous bets when it comes to safeguarding against physical & cloud infrastructure outages,' said Lilac Schoenbeck, iland
HOUSTON (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
Downtime is simply not an option for enterprises today, yet many companies struggle to ensure business continuity because their IT footprints are comprised of a complex mix of physical, virtual and cloud environments. Today, iland, an award winning enterprise cloud infrastructure provider, announced it has expanded its proven Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) portfolio to ensure companies can protect critical systems across their entire infrastructure, regardless of varying environments.
To achieve this total protection for its customers, iland has once again teamed with Vision Solutions, leveraging their leading technology for the replication of on-premise physical systems and public cloud workloads. With the newest Double-Take Availability 7.1, customers can set Recovery Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives to minutes or even seconds. Further, iland’s flexible cloud platform gives teams the option of virtual or physical failover targets.
iland’s partnership with Vision Solutions now also enables companies to efficiently defend themselves against cloud outages via rapid failover from any public cloud to the iland cloud.
“Cloud-based disaster recovery has quickly become the go-to technology for protecting virtual environments, but we continue to see companies make dangerous bets when it comes to safeguarding against physical and cloud infrastructure outages,” said Lilac Schoenbeck, VP of product management and marketing at iland. “Our continued collaboration with Vision Solutions supports customers in rectifying these vulnerabilities. We’re committed to ensuring each customer has a tested, reliable disaster recovery plan in place that balances their cost objectives with their risk tolerance.”
iland’s expanded DRaaS portfolio with Vision Solutions technology enables companies to:
- Minimize downtime by replicating on-premise physical systems and cloud environments into iland’s high-availability, global cloud infrastructure using agent-based technology.
- Eliminate capital expenditures associated with on-premise and secondary data center disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure current copies of workloads by leveraging Vision Solution’s patented failover and real-time replication technologies that continuously capture byte-level changes and transmit those changes to another server regardless of its location.
- Seamlessly incorporate legacy systems into disaster recovery plans.
- Access iland’s team of proven disaster recovery experts that help assess, plan, test and execute DR plans.
- Test disaster recovery plans, fail-over and fail back as frequently as needed.
- Satisfy network requirements with a range of configuration options, such as preconfigured failover networking, internal and external IP configurations and co-location of physical equipment.
- Leverage redundant, high speed, low latency connectivity to Tier 1 providers and connect directly to hundreds of carriers.
- Satisfy compliance and security requirements, as iland’s global data center locations meet regional certification specifications and data is encrypted using AES-256.
- Optimize cost with iland’s straightforward pricing model that supports fully reserved resources and flexible on-demand options.
iland is ranked as a leader in Forrester Research, Inc.’s report entitled, “The Forrester Wave™: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014.” Forrester refers to iland as “the dark horse champion” in the report. In the research firm’s evaluation, iland received the highest scores possible for its core DRaaS offerings, recovery objective capabilities, platform and application support, data resiliency and risk mitigation, security, value proposition and vision, as well as pricing, service levels and contract terms.
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- Overview: iland Disaster Recovery services
- The Forrester Wave™: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q1 2014
- Overview: iland Enterprise Cloud Services
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers proven enterprise cloud solutions that help companies do business faster, smarter and more flexibly. Unlike any other provider, iland’s technology and consultative approach mean anyone–regardless of expertise, location or business objective–can experience the benefits of a hassle-free cloud. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. Underscoring the strength of its platform, the company has been recognized as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas; is part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS; and partners with other industry leaders including Zerto and Veeam. Visit http://www.iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #