Without consulting potential homebuyers, it would have been hard to pinpoint the right mix of homes and styles.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) March 04, 2015
Surge Homes, an innovative real estate developer and builder, announces it now has a blueprint for the development of new townhouses, condominiums and single-family homes on its 9 unique sites located throughout the City of Houston.
Through the overwhelming success of two separate campaigns—the Insiders Club and the VIP Reservation Sale—the developer was able to listen to feedback from nearly 800 hundred potential buyers and neighbors and learn about their preferences for price, style of home, amenities, finishes, and more. Based on the feedback, Surge Homes discovered many key facts, including several surprises. Highlights include:
- Current demand for new homes ranges from $140,000 to $1.5 million for new condos, new townhomes (attached), and new single-family homes (detached).
- People want homes for sale that range from nearly 500 square feet to 5,000 square feet
- The type of home desired differs from site to site.
“Without consulting potential homebuyers, it would have been hard to pinpoint the right mix of homes and styles,” said Louis Conrad, partner. “For example, the feedback revealed that there is a strong demand to buy condos in the Midtown (Crawford Street and Main Street sites) and Downtown areas; however, the feedback revealed potential buyers would prefer to buy townhomes at the Crawford Street but not necessarily at the Main Street sites. As a developer, this information is priceless because it guides us to build the types of homes Houstonians want.”
- Potential buyers like the European-inspired floor plans and appreciate the innovative use of space illustrated in Surge Homes’ proposed floor plans.
- People pay attention to architecture, even the exterior design of a condominium building.
- A large majority of VIPs preferred sophisticated European import finishes over traditional cabinetry.
- Potential buyers looking for a new home located in Houston Heights want a large (up to 5,000 sf) single-family residence.
- Homes with the same floor plan can’t be repeated on different sites. A floor plan may please potential buyers in one part of town yet be a total failure on another.
- For the Caroline Street site, which is located in the Museum District, the market shows great demand for both townhouses and condominiums.
- On the site located on Main Street in Midtown there was a definite preference for condominiums.
Surge Homes continues to welcome future homebuyers to become a Surge Homes VIP. With VIP status, an individual gets first pick of homes built on any site. VIPs also have the option to purchase the home first, before it goes on sale to the general public, and at a lower price point. Become a VIP by visiting the Surge Homes Discovery Center.
ABOUT SURGE HOMES
Surge Homes Development LLC (Surge Homes) is a residential real estate developer and builder. The company is owned by partners Louis Conrad and Ben Lemieux, who each have 25 years of experience in real estate. Conrad and Lemieux have worked together on various single-family home and condominium communities in Montreal, Canada, as well as in Houston.
Learn more about Surge Homes on its website and contact the company for more information. ###