Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 09, 2015
Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced today that its U.S. subsidiary, Hyatt Corporation, has been named to the 2015 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list in America, an annual ranking of companies with outstanding workplace cultures. Ranked 78th this year, Hyatt’s position on the list rose by 17 places from 2014.
Hyatt’s second consecutive appearance on the list underscores its corporate culture of deep care for colleagues and guests alike, one that encourages associates to be their authentic selves at work.
“The Hyatt culture is built around exceptional people, and there’s nothing more rewarding than hearing that our colleagues feel deeply connected to the Hyatt family on an emotional level,” said Pete Sears, group president – Americas for Hyatt. “We constantly collaborate with colleagues and evolve offerings that unlock our individual potential to better serve guests every day. We take pride in nurturing our associates with the same level of passion and attentiveness that we bring to caring for our guests.”
As part of Hyatt’s commitment to associate-driven development that further promotes individual authenticity, the company has evolved several programs and policies based on feedback from colleagues. They include:
- New Colleague Orientation: Hyatt’s new onboarding experience emphasizes storytelling and company values; it is now designed to create a first impression that mirrors the guest experience in Hyatt hotels. From the initial welcome, new colleagues can immediately recognize the caring culture that differentiates the Hyatt workplace experience and feel like they are a part of the Hyatt family.
- Tuition Reimbursement Policy: Hyatt celebrates the interests and passions of colleagues, and expanded its tuition reimbursement policy in 2014 to support all types of education. Colleagues can now be reimbursed for education beyond a career in hospitality or a formal degree or certificate.
A Career at Hyatt
The FORTUNE survey recognizes Hyatt for fostering a strong collaborative environment through empathetic listening that empowers colleagues with career enrichment opportunities. Hyatt employees indicated that they take pride in being a part of the Hyatt family that collaborates to make meaningful differences in the lives of guests.
Hyatt actively seeks out, hires and retains the most talented and diverse people with a passion for caring for others, offering numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Many colleagues are long-tenured members of the Hyatt family who are committed to delivering extraordinary guest experiences every day.
To continually support a caring, people-focused culture, Hyatt offers benefits for hotel employees inspired by the hospitality it shows to guests, including:
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- Free or subsidized meals during work hours served in associate dining rooms
- A wide variety of wellness programs and fitness activities, like Zumba classes and kickboxing, at each hotel to help employees and their families stay healthy
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wage and benefits package with paid holidays and vacation
Hyatt’s placement on the closely watched FORTUNE ranking is in addition to a growing list of workplace awards, including recognition on the World’s Most Admired Companies 2015 list for the Hotels, Casinos, Resorts industry by Fortune, World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®, Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2014 by Glassdoor, and the 2014 Gallup Great Workplace Award for success in creating an engaged workplace culture for the third consecutive year. Additionally, The Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, Chicago Tribune and Experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP has named Hyatt as a top employer for older Americans, and CareerBliss named Hyatt the happiest hotel company. Hyatt has also been recognized for diversity hiring efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
For more information or to explore open positions at Hyatt hotels and offices around the world, please visit http://hyatt.jobs.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.