Rochester Hills, MI (PRWEB) March 07, 2015
Oxford Biomedical Research, Inc., a privately held biotechnology company located in Oakland County Michigan, has obtained exclusive rights to a novel catalytic system, called CypExpres™ that can be used for rapid identification of drug metabolites as well as for efficient and less expensive scale-up production of metabolites.
CypExpress™ is a eukaryotic system containing individual human P450 drug metabolism enzymes provided as a stable, easy to handle, dry powder. This catalytic system provides increased efficiency while reducing costs. The technology is primarily designed for DMPK and ADME uses, including MIST testing and metabolite profiling. It offers numerous advantages over liver microsomes and bacterial recombinants including:
- Unmodified, full-length human P450 and oxidoreductase expressed in an eukaryotic system, providing an optimized environment for efficient catalysis.
- Encapsulated in a semipermeable shell allowing rapid diffusion of substrate and product, while retaining enzymes, including:
o A specific full-length, unmodified recombinant human P450 (1A2, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6, and 3A4 are currently available)
o Full-length, unmodified recombinant human NADPH-oxidoreductase
o Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
o Catalase and other antioxidant systems
- Easy to handle dry powder.
- More tolerant of organic solvents than existing systems.
- Works in tris and phosphate buffers.
- Provides clean HPLC profiles for easy metabolite ID and purification.
- Maintains reactivity longer - allowing excellent metabolite yields.
Oxford Biomedical Research has provided high quality research reagents to the pharmaceutical and life science fields for over thirty years and develops products and technologies in drug metabolism, oxidative stress, inflammation and food science. Inquires from organizations interested in partnership or licensing opportunities are welcome.
Oxford Biomedical Research, Inc.
Additional Information: http://www.oxfordbiomed.com/Resources/CypExpress