MIDDLEBURY, CT (PRWEB) March 07, 2015
Timex, a leader in outdoor and sports performance timepieces, has introduced its newest connected training tool, TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run x50+, built for those who love the benefits of running with their phones, but don’t like the hassle that it entails.
“For nearly three decades, Timex has provided athletes with technology solutions to enhance their training experiences,” said Sam Martin, Brand Director, Timex Sports & Outdoors. “The brand is excited to launch the new Run x50+ watch - an evolved training tool for runners of all levels.”
Equipped with Bluetooth® technology, the Run x50+ connects to your phone, allowing you to tuck it safely away. It uses advanced fitness smartwatch technology to bring all of the essentials that runners desire from their phones onto their wrists during training, including the ability to view and control fitness apps and music, and to receive texts, caller ID, and other notifications. When not running, you can continue to wear the Run x50+ and have the convenience of all-day notifications and appointment reminders on a high resolution, easy-to-read display. The TIMEX ® IRONMAN® Runx50+ wirelessly connects to iOS and Android devices. Even without a smartphone connection, it still provides the time, chronograph functions, an interval timer, alarms and the INDIGLO® night-light. It offers water resistance to 50 meters, so it can survive splashing, swimming and training in the rain. The TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run x50+ will be available in March at timex.com and select sports retailers worldwide for $149.95 to $199.95 (with heart rate monitor).
Timex Ironman Runx50+
- Stream and control workout information from smartphone fitness apps (available for iOS at launch, Android coming soon. See timex.com/rx50 for a complete list)
- See text alerts, incoming calls, emails, Facebook notifications and more
- View and control your phone’s music conveniently from your wrist, including volume, pause, play, title, artist, next/previous track
- Easily set watch features from the free Timex Connected app
- Access full sports watch functionality including stopwatch, interval timer, alarm, and INDIGLO® night-light in a 50-meter water-resistant design
- Appointment reminders, phone finder and watch finder for convenience
- Vibrating and/or audible alerts
- Clear, high resolution, sunlight-readable display
- Compatible with iOS and Android platforms (see timex.com/rx50 for a complete list)
About the Timex Group:
Timex Group designs, manufactures and markets innovative timepieces around the world. Founded in 1854, Timex Group is a privately-held company headquartered in Middlebury, Connecticut with multiple operating units and over 5,000 employees worldwide. As one of the largest watch makers in the world, Timex Group companies produce watches under a number of well-known brands, including Timex, Timex IRONMAN, Timex Expedition, Nautica, Guess, GC, Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace, Versus and Opex. The Timex brand, launched in 1950, sells millions of watches each year worldwide.
The iconic IRONMAN Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by crossing the finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Recognized for excellence through distinguished events, world-class athletes and quality products, World Triathlon Corporation (d/b/a IRONMAN), owner and operator of the IRONMAN Series, has grown from owner of a single race to a global sensation with more than 190 events across five unique brands: IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3, 5150 Triathlon Series, Iron Girl and IronKids. For more information, visit http://www.ironman.com.
For additional information please contact:
Catalyst Public Relations
# # #