Since 1980, SME’s Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineers Award has acknowledged the efforts and career achievements of more than 370 manufacturing engineers.
Dearborn, Mich. (PRWEB) March 09, 2015
SME, a key resource to the manufacturing industry, has chosen 11 new Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineers for their career achievements. This year’s awardees, age 35 or younger from industry and academia, were selected based on their research and development efforts in emerging manufacturing applications, published works, design ingenuity, entrepreneurship and leadership.
To add to the prestige of the award, SME selects a namesake for the award as recognition for his/her lifelong contributions to manufacturing. The 2015 award is named after 2013 SME President Dennis S. Bray, PhD, FSME, president and CEO, Contour Precision Group LLC; Bray was also a 1985 Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer.
“Not only am I honored to be the year’s namesake, but I’m also incredibly impressed with the credentials of the recipients,” said Bray. “Their career accomplishments are inspirational and speak to the incredible advancements taking place in manufacturing.”
2015 SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineers Award winners:
- Fadi Abu-Farha (sme.org/oyme15/#farha), PhD, Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research, Clemson, South Carolina.
- Kuldeep Agarwal (sme.org/oyme15/#agarwal), PhD, Minnesota State University, Mankato, Mankato, Minnesota.
- Kira Barton (sme.org/oyme15/#barton), PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Hongtao Ding (sme.org/oyme15/#hongtao), PhD, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
- Margot J. Hutchins (sme.org/oyme15/#margot), PhD, Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, California.
- Josh Moore (sme.org/oyme15/#moore), Level One Consulting Group, San Francisco.
- Joel Neidig (sme.org/oyme15/#neidig), ITAMCO, Plymouth, Indiana
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Natalie Rudolph (sme.org/oyme15/#rudolph), University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Fred Stackley (sme.org/oyme15/#stackley), Caterpillar Inc., Peoria, Illinois.
- Hui “John” Wang (sme.org/oyme15/#wang), PhD, Ford Motor Co., Dearborn, Michigan.
- Chi Zhou (sme.org/oyme15/#zhou), PhD, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
Since 1980, SME’s Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineers Award has acknowledged the efforts and career achievements of more than 370 manufacturing engineers. To be considered, a nominee’s accomplishments must extend beyond their own company/institution. Nominations are accepted annually on or before Aug. 1. Visit sme.org/oyme to learn more.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skill needs for the industry. Follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.