(PRWEB UK) 11 March 2015
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Fourth Edition is the essential dictionary app for upper-intermediate to advanced learners of English. The dictionary contains over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings and examples as well as British and American English pronunciation. Every entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge.
The dictionary has been developed with insight from the Cambridge International Corpus, making it the ideal dictionary for IELTS, BEC and Cambridge English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
- British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers of English.
- SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition.
- Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation as many times as you wish.
- Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words.
- Search History to revise your recent searches.
- Table of irregular verbs provides a useful reference resource
Search and navigation features:
- Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwords and usage examples.
- Easy copy-and-paste functions mean you can copy words to the clipboard for automatic entry display.
- List of similar words in case of misspelling.
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
- Search for anagrams (e.g. tab-bat).
- English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
- Hyperlinks between articles.
- PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus support.
- Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colours.
- Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
- Landscape-mode support.
- Fully iPad optimized interface.
- No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without any additional expense.
The Dictionary is available to purchase today through March 15, 2015, at a 30% discount for only 17,99€ (the regular price 25,99USD/25,99EUR/19,49GBP) at https://itunes.apple.com/app/anglijskie-slovari-cambridge/id728359831?mt=8. The app, which has been developed by Paragon Software Ltd, is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and has been optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
About Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Dedicated to excellence, its purpose is to further the University's objective of advancing knowledge, education, learning, and research.
Its extensive peer-reviewed publishing lists comprise 50,000 titles covering academic research, professional development, over 300 research journals, school-level education, English language teaching and bible publishing.
Playing a leading role in today’s international market place, Cambridge University Press has more than 50 offices around the globe, and it distributes its products to nearly every country in the world.
For further information, visit http://www.cambridge.org
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. For more information please visit the company’s mobility division site: http://www.slovoed.com