Self-publishing authors can successfully self-promote, using these easy-to-follow marketing tips.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) March 10, 2015
Outskirts Press, one of the top self-publishing service providers in the nation, is celebrating Small Press Month in March with a generous list of tips to help self-publishing authors promote their works.
Every year during the month of March, Outskirts Press joins indie companies all across the United States in celebrating independent publishers and the talented self-publishing authors we serve. High-quality self-publishing is the easy part; effectively marketing a book once it’s published is the real mark of success as an author. In that spirit, Outskirts Press recognizes the month of celebration as an opportunity to help indie authors promote a self-published book with easy and effective marketing and promotion tactics, including:
- Stock up. Have hardcopies on hand to use toward marketing throughout the month.
- Bone up. Become the local authority on Small Press Month, then become a valuable resource to local media. This helps build a reputation that lends an author valuable credibility.
- Connect. Meet with other independent published authors, either with a local writers’ guild or online via social media. Pool resources and share advice with others on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. There’s a lot to do, and many minds are a better than one.
- Get reviewed. Send out review copies to get some good buzz. The free Book Review Starter Kit from Outskirts Press includes tips for sending books to reviewers, as well as a list of reviewers with contact information.
- Co-op. Arrange co-op advertisement in the local media. This allows authors to promote upcoming events as well as books.
- Get talking. Contact local radio producers to snag a valuable interview slot. Not sure where to start? Outskirts Press offers a Guaranteed Radio Interview option to help authors kick off their efforts.
- Think green. St. Patrick’s Day green, that is. Take the day to get started on electronic editions, which save trees and expose books to huge audiences of ebook consumers. Outskirts Press can set up a Kindle, NOOK or Apple iPad edition in no time at all.
- Make a leap. For authors who published elsewhere, this may be the month to switch to Outskirts Press. A fresh start may be just the thing to get sales moving again.
- Be a “commissioner.” Help other writers get published and earn a 10 percent commission for the referral after their book is published. Register for the Outskirts Press affiliate program today at http://outskirtspress.com/affiliates.php and start spreading the word.
- Blog, blog, blog. Start a blog and keep it active and up-to-date to elicit feedback and build relationships. Register the blog with blog directories to gain more readership and participation.
For a full list of self-promotion tips, visit Outskirts Press’ Self-Publishing News blog at http://selfpublishingnews.com/2015/03/02/31-ways-for-would-be-authors-to-self-promote-during-small-press-month/.
About Outskirts Press, Inc.: Outskirts Press offers full-service, custom self-publishing and book marketing services for authors seeking a cost-effective, fast, and flexible way to publish and distribute their books worldwide while retaining all their rights and full creative control. Available for authors globally at http://www.outskirtspress.com and located on the outskirts of Denver, Colorado, Outskirts Press, Inc. represents the future of book publishing, today.
# # #
Outskirts Press, Inc., 10940 S. Parker Road - 515, Parker, Colorado 80134