(PRWEB) March 13, 2015
All 2015 nominees were announced on March 9 at the Rosewood London by previous nominee James McAvoy and the winner of 2014's Best Actress award, Lesley Manville.
The nine nominations include:
- Best Sound Design – Gareth Owen
- Best Costume Design – Paul T azewell
- Best Theatre Choreographer – Sergio Trujillo
- Autograph Sound Award For Outstanding Achievement In Music – David Bryan, Joe DiPietro, Tim Sutton and the Memphis Band
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role In A Musical – Rolan Bell
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role In A Musical – Jason Pennycooke
- Best Actor In A Musical – Killian Donnelly
- Best Actress In A Musical – Beverley Knight
- Best New Musical – Memphis
The winners will be announced at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, central London on Sunday, April 12. The Olivier awards, established in 1976, are Britain's more prestigious stage honors and commonly compared to Broadway's Tony Awards.
Memphis is the winner of four 2010 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, as well as four Drama Desk Awards and four Outer Critics’ Circle Awards. Memphis first opened on Broadway in 2009 and ran until August 5, 2012, grossing over $104 million.
This is the latest production for Square 1 Theatrics, a Tulsa-based production company that has grown significantly since its inception in 2012. The company, formed by Jay Krottinger and Ryan Tanner, has produced two Broadway productions, including the acclaimed A Time to Kill and the Tony Award-Winning revival of PIPPIN. The production of PIPPIN began a national tour in Fall 2014.
This is the first international production for Square 1. Memphis premiered on October 23, 2014 in London’s West End. The production continues to run at the Shaftesbury Theatre.
A complete list of nominees can be found at olivierawards.com. For more information, visit square1theatrics.com.