WASHINGTON, D.C. (PRWEB) March 12, 2015
Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) today announced a new version of its Space Planning Optimizer software, an application that enables retailers and manufacturers to maximize the productivity of their shelf space. The offering is a part of APT’s cloud-based software suite which also includes Test & Learn®, Market Basket Analyzer, Category Management Insights, Network Planner, and the APT Index.
Companies often wrestle with identifying the optimal space allocations for their products and categories across stores, geographies, and seasons. Space Planning Optimizer leverages a company’s detailed financial and space data to provide an analytically sound approach to both macro- and micro-space planning. The software employs APT’s rigorous test versus control methodology to measure the incremental impact of space changes and rapidly deliver localized space recommendations at the category or department level.
Space Planning Optimizer now has the unique ability to:
- Incorporate a company’s specific operational constraints (e.g., planogram size, days of supply, assortment ceilings, etc.) to ensure that recommendations are feasible to implement
- Deliver localized recommendations that optimize space on a store-by-store basis, incorporating drivers of performance such as market demographic factors and store characteristics
- Automate analyses and rapidly generate consistent outputs to standardize a repeatable process
- Enable fast collaboration and iteration with all organizational stakeholders involved in space planning
- Easily scale to handle large volumes of locations and categories
- Complement existing operational systems (e.g., planogram software)
- Integrate with APT’s Test & Learn® for Sites tool to assess financial impact of recommendations
Anthony Bruce, APT’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Space Planning Optimizer is revolutionizing the way organizations think about their space. By implementing tangible recommendations that maximize the productivity of each square foot for each individual store, retailers can generate significant increases in sales and margin. The ability to prove out the productivity of particular products is also valuable for manufacturers that are constantly competing for retailer shelf space. We are excited to work with retailers and manufacturers to continue to improve this application.”
For more information, please visit http://www.predictivetechnologies.com/products/space-planning-optimizer.aspx.
APT is a leading cloud-based cause-and-effect analytics software company. APT’s Test & Learn® software is revolutionizing the way companies harness their Big Data to accurately measure the profit impact of pricing, marketing, merchandising, operations, and capital initiatives, tailoring investments in these areas to maximize ROI. APT’s client portfolio features some of the world’s best known brands, including Walmart, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Victoria’s Secret, American Family, Hilton Hotels, SUBWAY, TD Bank, T-Mobile, and others. APT has offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, London, Bentonville, Taipei, Tokyo, and Sydney. Visit http://www.predictivetechnologies.com to learn more.