To be invited to work alongside such a dynamic group of women is an extraordinary opportunity
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 12, 2015
CSOFT International Ltd., a leading provider of globalization and communications solutions, announced today that its Vice President of Global Communications, Elena McCoy, has joined the board of Women in Localization (W.L.). In this role, McCoy will drive membership by managing the W.L. LinkedIn group.
“We founded Women in Localization to bring together women from all pieces of the localization puzzle, from LSPs to the buy side to translators and more, and our board reflects that,” said W.L. Chair and Executive Board Member Silvia Avary-Silveira. “We are excited to welcome Elena to our leadership team and have her help in building our social media presence through LinkedIn.”
W.L. is the leading professional organization for women in the localization industry. Its mission is to offer a strong platform for women to develop their careers in localization in an open, collaborative forum, where women can network, share expertise and experience, and help each other move forward in their careers. Since its inception in September 2008, W.L. has launched several chapters globally, including the first Asian chapter being launched in Japan March 13, 2015.
“It has been incredible to watch W.L. evolve from what was a San Francisco Bay Area-only organization, to the global information and networking resource it is today,” said McCoy. “To be invited to work alongside such a dynamic group of women on this board is an extraordinary opportunity and I am excited to contribute to its overall mission of supporting women in our industry.”
W.L. board members include:
- Silvia Avary-Silveira, Chair, Co-Founder, and Executive Board Member
- Anna Schlegel, Co-Founder and Executive Board Member, Social Media
- Eva Klaudinyova, Co-Founder and Executive Board Member, International Expansion
- Luciana Vecchi, Executive Board Member, Digital Presence
- Allison McDougall, Board Member, PR Manager
- Stephanie Gabriel, Board Member, Treasurer
- Liesl Leary, Board Member, Volunteers’ Program Manager
- Loy Searle, Board Member, Mentoring and Continuing Education Program Manager
- Teresa Marshall, Board Member, Mentoring and Continuing Education Program Manager
- Katell Jentreau, Board Member, Facebook Group Manager
- Elena McCoy, Board Member, LinkedIn Group Manager
CSOFT is co-sponsoring the next W.L. event, “A Look Inside Enterprise Globalization,” which will be held at Box on Thursday, March 12, 2015. For more information, please join the W.L. LinkedIn group, visit their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter @WomenInL10N.
CSOFT International Ltd. is a world leader in localization and globalization consulting services, providing turnkey solutions for companies facing the challenges of engaging customers and markets across linguistic and cultural barriers. Recognized as one of the Top Innovative Companies in 2011 by IDC we have an award-winning international team. In 2012, the company’s CEO was named one of Fortune Magazine’s 10 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs and a Tech Disruptor by CNN Money.