“For quick and complete access to gear, we designed the Urban Approach's zippers to open wide,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s president and lead designer. “This allows for unencumbered access to gear."
SANTA ROSA, CALIF. (PRWEB) March 16, 2015
In April, Think Tank Photo will release of the Urban Approach 15, the first backpack designed specifically to hold a complete Mirrorless camera, as well as a 15” laptop, a 10” tablet and a smart phone, with extra space for additional gear and personal items. The backpack blends into any environment with its low–contrast matte black appearance.
“For quick and complete access to gear, we designed the zippers to open wide,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s president and lead designer. “This allows for unencumbered access to gear. Its low profile and yet high quality design and materials allow Mirrorless users to feel confident that their compact cameras and personal objects are cradled, safe and at the ready.”
- Specifically designed for Mirrorless gear with premium materials and quality construction
- Carries a full size tablet and 15” laptop in a dedicated zipper compartment
- Converts into a daypack utilizing the removable dividers in the bottom compartment
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon, metal hardware, nylon seatbelt webbing, and BBG leather accents are some of the most durable, long lasting materials on the market.
- Fits a standard or gripped Mirrorless body with lens attached
- Tripod can be carried on the side of backpack with included strap
- Handle pass-through to carry backpack on top of rolling luggage
- Plush front pocket for your smart phone or wallet
- Stretchable side pockets for a water bottle, flash, or compact umbrella
- Robust shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap for all day comfort
- Articulated back panel provides targeted cushioning as well as overall air flow
- Internal organizer pockets give you quick access to filters, batteries, cards, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- 1–2 medium to large Mirrorless bodies with lens attached, 5–8 additional lenses, up to a 10” tablet and a 15” laptop. Example: Sony a7r with 24–70 f/4 attached, 70–200mm f/4, 55mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2.8, Sony a6000 with 16–50mm f/3.5-5.6 attached, 55–210mm f/4.5-6.3, HVL–F43M Flash (x2), tablet and 15” laptop.
- Also holds a Canon Rebel t5i with 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 attached, 55- 250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 15” laptop, a tablet and supplies for a days outing.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance the exterior has a durable water repellant (DWR) coating, and the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK® RC fuse zippers, antique plated metal hardware, 420D high density nylon, ultra–stretch mesh, nylon seatbelt webbing, nylon air-mesh and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable, closed cell foam dividers, polyurethane backed liner and dividers, 210D silver–toned nylon, Super-Grip velex, hexa mesh, 2x polyurethane coated nylon, 190T seamsealed rain cover, and 3–ply bonded nylon thread.
Exterior Dimensions: 11” W x 18.3” H x 7.1” D (28 x 46.5 x 18 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 9.4” W x 16.3” H x 3.9-5.3” D (24 x 41.5 x 10-13.5 cm)
Laptop Compartment: 10.2” W x 15.7” H x 1.2” D (26 x 40 x 3 cm)
Tablet Pocket: 7.9” W x 9.8” H x 0.6” D (20 x 25 x 1.5 cm)
Smart Phone/Glasses Pocket: 6.3” W x 4.7” H x 1.6” D (16 x 12 x 4 cm)
Weight (with all accessories): 3.0 lbs (1.3 kg)
# # #
ABOUT THINK TANK
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank (http://www.thinktankphoto.com) is a group of designers focused on studying how people work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.