Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) March 14, 2015
PT Management Support Systems (PTM), the nationwide leader in providing physician groups with the tools to establish and manage their ancillary physical and occupational therapy programs, is conducting a webinar to answer the most common and relevant questions that CEOs and other management staff have regarding ancillary physical therapy and occupational therapy on Thursday April 9 at noon EST. Registration for this webinar can be process by using the following Gotowebinar link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8419510654755618049
“We have been fielding questions from physician group management regarding their ancillary PT/OT practice for many years now and will be sharing answers to some of the more common and fundamental questions that impact the success of any rehab practice," says Cary Edgar, PTM principal.
This webinar will be in a Q & A format and will answer the most common questions physician groups have regarding their ancillary PT practices, including:
1. How do I determine whether the therapists are at appropriate productivity levels in terms of visits and other relevant measures?
2. How long should it take for new PT patients to be seen in therapy and how many new patient evaluations should each therapist be expected to see?
3. Why is the patient cancellation/no show rate relevant and what is an acceptable rate?
4. Should PT providers block time out of their schedule for documentation or other tasks?
5. How do I determine appropriate staffing in terms of FTE providers, assistants, techs and patient service representatives?
6. Should we have a bonus plan and, if so, what should it be based on?
7. Why is the front desk staff key to PT productivity?
8. When should we open satellite clinics, how much space do we need, and are we required to have a physician on site?
9. Can and should we accept outside referrals?
10. What should our PT profit margin be?
Cary Edgar, a PTM founder and frequent speaker on the financial and legal aspects of developing and managing outpatient rehab, helps hospitals, health systems and physician groups manage and grow their therapy departments.
About PT Management Support Systems
PTM is the nationwide leader in helping healthcare organizations, hospitals and physician groups develop and optimize the performance of physical and occupational therapy programs. In addition to providing practical and tested financial, operational and compliance solutions, PTM offers real-time physical and occupational therapy benchmarking, productivity tracking and reporting through its web-based TherapyWorks solution. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, PTM currently works with healthcare organizations throughout the U.S. For additional information, contact Diana Kem.