Brussels, Belgium (PRWEB) March 13, 2015
The finalists for this year’s Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global Seafood Prix d’Elite new products competition were announced today by event organizer Diversified Communications of Portland, Maine, USA.
This is the 15th anniversary of the annual new product competition that recognizes the best new seafood products of the year developed for the European market. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 21 April 2015 in Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
In addition to the grand prizes for the best new retail product and best new foodservice product, five special awards will be presented for originality, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year, 37 finalists representing 11 countries have been selected:
- Chilled Tuna Tataki from Anova Seafood – Netherlands
- Fresh Cooked North American Lobster with extended shelf life from Elafood USA – United States
- R.R. Spink & Sons Loch Etive Trout – Edinburgh Gin from Dawnfresh Seafoods – United Kingdom
- The Scandinavian Spicy Sprat Fillet from DGM SHIPPING – Estonia
- Dim Sum Shrimp Delight from Fisherman’s Choice – Netherlands
- Shrimp Wontinies from Fisherman’s Choice – Netherlands
- Frozen Raw King Crab Meat from FRESHPACK – France
- Tuna Spread and Kiri Cheese for Kids from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Smoked Haddock & Salmon Melting Centre Fishcake from Joseph Robertson (Aberdeen) Limited – United Kingdom
- ZIGMAS Dried Salmon Fillet Strips from JSC ICECO – Lithuania
- Prins’ ‘Seas – Versatile Healthy Seafood Snacks – Cooked Mussels with Dried Tomato and Grilled Bell Pepper from Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse – Netherlands
- Apéri'Dip au Saumon & Épices Douces, au Thon & Romarin from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Duo Norvégien au Four from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Dover Sole à la Meunière from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Salmon Carpaccio Orient Express from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Salmon Roulade – Cook-and-Chill from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Raw Peeled Shrimps in Oil from MITI SAS – France
- Something Fishy from Rockabill Shellfish Limited – Ireland
- Lobster à la Minute from Roem van Yerseke B.V. – Netherlands
- Seafood Profiteroles from Salm Invest – Belgium
- Salmaraw from Salmon Brands – Norway
- St. James Smokehouse Scottish Smoked Salmon Trio from St. James Smokehouse, Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty King Prawn with Welsh Rarebit Cheese Topped Tartlet from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Roast Garlic and Cheese Topped Crayfish Tartlet from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Street Food Kachoris from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Street Food Crayfish Bhaji from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Seafood Picnic Pie from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- 2 Crayfish Thermidor Bakes from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- 2 Prawn & Hot Smoked Salmon Cocktails from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish Cakes from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Beetroot Whitefish and Quinoa Fishcakes Encrusted with Quinoa from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Pandan Wrapped Prawn Cakes from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Stuffed Squid with Paella from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Mexican Salmon Nachos with Dill Dip from Vichiunai Europe NV – Belgium
- Vici Fritters from Vichiunai Europe NV – Belgium
- Mussel Pâté© - Piquant from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
- Mussel Pâté© - Naturel from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
Celebrating its fifteenth year of honoring the finest and most innovative new seafood products entering the market, the Seafood Prix d’Elite competition continues to grow in importance and prestige. The Seafood Prix d’Elite takes place alongside Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, the world’s largest seafood exposition, with attendees from 150 countries.
With more than 1,700 exhibitors at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and nearly 90 applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Prix d’Elite is considered a notable achievement.
The finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Prix d’Elite stand #2501 in Hall 11 during the three-day exposition.
More coverage of Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global is available on SeafoodSource.com.
About Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global
Formerly named the European Seafood Exposition and Seafood Processing Europe, Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global form the world’s largest seafood trade event. Thousands of buyers and suppliers from around the world attend the annual, three-day exposition in Brussels, Belgium, to meet, network and do business. Attending buyers represent importers, exporters, wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and other retail and foodservice companies. Exhibiting suppliers offer the newest seafood products, processing and packaging equipment, and services available in the seafood market. SeafoodSource.com is the exposition’s official media. The exposition is produced by Diversified Communications, the international leader in seafood-industry expositions and media. http://www.seafoodexpo.com/global
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, eMedia, publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine and business management. The company's global seafood portfolio of expositions and media includes Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, Seafood Expo Asia and SeafoodSource.com. Diversified Communications, in partnership with SeaWeb, also produces SeaWeb Seafood Summit, the world’s premier seafood conference on sustainability. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified has divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: http://www.divcom.com
Notes to the media: Liz Plizga, Vice President, is available for interviews.
Registration for members of the media is complimentary and available online.
Phone: +1 207.842.5478
Fax: +1 207.842.5505
Tél: +32 2 773 50 29