BOSTON (PRWEB) March 16, 2015
The Boston office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP hosted Dr. Gary R. Fleisher from Boston Children's Hospital as the featured speaker for its “Conversation With” monthly breakfast series. Dr. Fleisher is the Physician-in-Chief, Pediatrician-in-Chief, and chairman of the Department of Medicine at Boston Children's Hospital and the Egan Family Foundation Professor, Department of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. He discussed “The Next Big Ideas in Pediatric Medicine,” a discussion on how gene therapy, single-cell sequencing, surgical glue, and more will reshape care for our youngest patients and what it takes to transform ideas into breakthrough treatments. The event was co-moderated by Terence P. McCourt, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office and member of the Boston Children’s Hospital Board of Overseers, and Jamey Tesler, of counsel in Greenberg Traurig’s Government Law & Policy Practice.
“Conversation With” is an invitation-only Greenberg Traurig Boston speaker series that hosts local government, business, and community leaders who are at the forefront of issues facing the region, including economic, cultural, scientific, social, and public policy matters. Past speakers include:
- Attorney Kenneth R. Feinberg, managing partner of Feinberg Rozen, LLP and former One Fund Boston administrator
- Thomas J. Sommer, president of Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC)
- Gordon Jones, managing director of the Harvard Innovation Lab (Harvard i-lab)
- Robert Coughlin, president & CEO of Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio)
- Paul S. Grogan, president & CEO of The Boston Foundation
- Malli Gero, co-founder & president, 2020 Women on Boards, and Kathleen McQuiggan, senior vice president of Global Women's Strategies, Pax World Management LLC and co-president, Ellevate Boston Chapter
About Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office
Founded in 1999, Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office is home to more than 60 attorneys practicing in the areas of corporate, emerging technology, governmental affairs, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, and real estate. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from 37 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the “Power Elite” in the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard report, which assesses the nature and strength of law firms' client relationships. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.