Bob brings valuable experience and vision to our team, which will help us in our mission to transform the digital media measurement industry. It's an exciting time for us; our team is growing fast and our data is in high demand in many industry sectors."
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 16, 2015
Verto Analytics, (http://vertoanalytics.com), a pioneer in digital multi-screen media measurement, today announced the appointment of Robert “Bob” Hooven as the company’s Senior Vice President of Sales. Hooven joins the Verto Analytics executive team in the U.S. and will be responsible for driving global sales and strategic partnerships. He brings more than 30 years of sales and management experience of high-value hardware, software and market research offering in both domestic and international markets to his new role. The company is also announcing that it will unveil fresh data on the digital consumer cultivated from its multi-screen media measurement methodology at the Advertising Research Foundation Re:Think 2015 NYC conference on March 18.
“Bob brings valuable experience and vision to our team, which will help us in our mission to transform the digital media measurement industry,” said Hannu Verkasalo, CEO of Verto Analytics. ”It’s an exciting time for us; our team is growing fast and our data is in high demand in many industry sectors.”
Prior to Verto Analytics, Hooven was Senior Vice President of Sales at comScore, M:Metrics division. His experience also includes time spent as the Director of Sales for the High Tech West group of Forrester Research, Inc., where he developed and led a team dedicated to growing Forrester’s most valued technology vendor clients. Additionally, Hooven was also Head of Sales for NetRatings, Inc., one of the first measurement companies focused on online media in the 90s, and served as Vice President and General Manager of International Operations when NetRatings went through IPO.
“Verto is doing something no one else is doing: providing a solution that delivers real-time digital media measurement that is truly cross platform,” said Bob Hooven, Senior Vice President of Sales at Verto Analytics. “The market for high quality, third-party measurement data is growing at an exponential rate, and Verto is leading the way to provide timely, actionable data for industry stakeholders.”
Verkasalo will speak at ARF Re:Think 2015 on Wednesday, March 18. His talk, titled “NextGen Data and Tools for Measuring the Multi-Screen Digital Consumer”, will showcase both the scope and depth of data on multi-screen on devices, platforms, publishers and digital properties. A sample of data points that will be covered include:
- Despite the fact that 50 percent of media exposure today is online, only 28 percent of ad spending is targeted towards online;
- 33 percent of U.S. online users are already using all three key digital types: PCs, smartphones, and tablets – and consumers are increasingly multi-screen;
- New device categories are growing quickly. Wearable devices are growing 90 percent year-on-year, despite having a low installed base. Streaming media players and smart TVs are growing 30 percent year-on-year while PCs are losing users even though their reach is still the highest amongst all devices.
- In terms of net reach (online usage across all devices and sites/apps), Microsoft, Facebook, and Google still constitute the top three publishers in the U.S.
- In terms of app usage, Microsoft has the most users in the U.S, due to their desktop Windows apps (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer etc.) and their dominance within desktop/laptop computers. In the mobile domain, Google, via its pre-installed Android apps like YouTube and Google Mail, is the top publisher.
About Verto Analytics
Verto Analytics is a pioneer in digital multi-screen media measurement. The company provides a complete portfolio of measurement services covering the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, enabling clients to access insights through a single-source media measurement methodology. Verto Analytics operates in all major markets, with its executive team based in New York City and R&D based in Finland. Read our blog, follow us on Twitter or learn more at http://www.vertoanalytics.com.
# # #