POMPANO BEACH, FL (PRWEB) March 18, 2015
Onstream Media Corporation, the leading online service provider of corporate audio and web communications, today reinforced its commitment to serving the healthcare community by announcing that it intends for its services to become HIPAA-compliant. The HIPAA safeguards mean that all information Onstream transmits electronically on its customers’ behalf – video, voice or text – during webinars, webcasting, conference calls or other virtual meetings is handled in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
If your business involves storing, accessing or communicating personal health information, you are subject to HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Healthcare providers, clearinghouses, health plans, or vendors that service these organizations, are considered covered entities under the regulation. HIPAA is designed to safeguard sensitive patient data, called “protected health information” and “electronic protected health information.” HIPAA requires that organizations comply with specific rules for creating, storing and transmitting patient information, or face significant fines of as much as $1.5 million.
“What many healthcare entities don’t realize is that these guidelines extend beyond your primary organization, to all of your information technology vendors,” said David Glassman, Chief Marketing Officer at Onstream Media. “Whether you are using our Onstream Media webcasting, webinar, audio and web conferencing services, you can be confident that the data and information you share and use are stored and transmitted using the strictest and most compliant security procedures.”
Onstream Media has the following HIPAA safeguards in place:
- Data encryption. All your data used in web meetings or audio conferences are securely encrypted using state-of-the-art encryption techniques. This includes audio communication, video clips, presentations, Q&A, chats and surveys – any information transmitted in our web conferences, webcasts, conference calls or other virtual events.
- Access Controls. Only authorized users are allowed access to electronic protected health data; this includes transferring, removing, disposing and re-using electronic media and data. Our access controls include unique user IDs, an emergency access procedure, automatic logoff and encryption and decryption.
- Daily audit reports. We maintain tracking logs to keep a continuous audit of activity on hardware and software used for your virtual meetings. These reports can pinpoint the source of any security violations.
- Integrity Controls. These are measures put in place to ensure that electronic protected health information has not been altered or destroyed.
- Disaster Recovery. We have in place comprehensive offsite backup and disaster recovery systems to ensure that any electronic media errors or failures can be quickly remedied and patient health information can be recovered accurately and intact.
- Network Security. Our network is highly secure to protect against unauthorized public access of electronic protected health information, regardless of how it is transmitted.
Helping your organization stay complaint within HIPAA guidelines is one of Onstream Media’s top priorities. To learn more about Onstream Media’s HIPAA processes and controls, contact us at 1-877-932-3400.
About Onstream Media Corporation:
Onstream Media Corporation is a leading online service provider of corporate audio and web communications, including webcasting, webinar, conferencing and virtual event technology. Onstream Media’s innovative webcasting platform has recently been ranked #1 by TopTenREVIEWS. The company's video streaming, hosting and publishing platform - Streaming Publisher - provides customers with cost effective tools for encoding, managing, indexing, and publishing content to the Internet or virtually any mobile device. To date, almost half of the Fortune 1000 companies and 78% of the Fortune 100 CEOs and CFOs have used Onstream Media's services. Select Onstream Media customers include American Honda, Dell, GE Capital, Georgetown University, IRS, HBO Latin America, HubSpot, PR Newswire, Stanford University, Twitter and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Onstream Media's strategic relationships include Akamai, BT Conferencing and Trade Show News Network. For more information, visit Onstream Media at http://www.onstreammedia.com or call 954-917-6655.