Servpro of Los Osos Releases Report This Week on Water Damage and Mold

Share Article

Los Osos water damage and mold expert reports that damage is common to this coastal community.

servpro of los osos - water damage - logo


The problem really develops when there is excessive moisture, which is often associated with water damage from leaks and floods

Servpro Los Osos water damage restoration specialists released a report this week regarding the effects of water damage a mold, especially within the coastal town of Los Osos, Calif. To read the report, see below or visit their blog.

Mold is a common problem that many people struggle with. In fact, according to fire and water cleanup restoration specialists at Servpro of Los Osos, mold is present “almost everywhere,” and given the right conditions, such as a leaky roof or pipe, can spread throughout a property in as little as 24-48 hours.

Los Osos water damage that results in mold is particularly common because of year-round damp conditions due to the proximity of Los Osos to the ocean, which creates fog and more moisture in the air. “It’s really a problem everywhere, both indoors and out,” said Joe Powers, the owner of Servpro of Los Osos.

How does mold get into a house?

Mold can occur both outdoors and indoors. “Mold can come into your house in a variety of ways,” Powers said, such as windows, doorways, ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems. Spores can also attach themselves to clothing and animals.

“The problem really develops when there is excessive moisture, which is often associated with water damage from leaks and floods,” he said. “Mold spores drop on places where there is lots of moisture, such as water damaged roofs, walls, or anywhere there has been flooding, and then start to grow.”

Things like ceiling tiles, wood, dust, insulation materials, wallpaper, paints, drywall, fabric, carpet, and upholstery, all support mold growth by providing suitable nutrients.

Health problems associated with mold:

  • Upper respiratory problems

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine or IOM determined that mold could cause upper-respiratory problems such as infections, coughing and wheezing.

  • Asthma

For those that have asthma, the presence of mold can make symptoms worse. According to the CDC, recent studies have even been pointing to evidence that mold can be linked to the development of asthma in healthy children.

Los Osos water damage solutions

Servpro of Los Osos offers service for customers in all of San Luis Obispo County who are experiencing issues with water damage or mold. Their number one goal is to return the damaged property to its original condition as quickly and as professionally as possible. Their motto is, “Like it never happened.” Servpro also helps to restore structures with damage caused by fire and other disasters. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call today at (805) 528-2289.

Servpro of Los Osos
1741 8th St
Los Osos, CA 93402
(805) 528-2289

Press release by San Luis Obispo advertising and marketing company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 226-9890.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Scott Brennan
Follow us on