From the archives of renowned print workshop Polígrafa Obra Gráfica, artnet Auctions is honored to present over 50 published editions.
New York / Berlin (PRWEB) March 19, 2015
From the archives of renowned print workshop Polígrafa Obra Gráfica, artnet Auctions is honored to present over 50 published editions. Polígrafa is known for its commitment to promoting Spanish artists abroad, as well as for working with established Contemporary artists from all over the world. Since 1964, when Polígrafa was founded in Barcelona by Manuel de Muga, over 300 leading artists have published editions with the workshop. Polígrafa: 50 Years in Print features some of the most desirable prints produced over the last 50 years, with works by Francis Bacon, Antoni Tàpies, Christo, Ed Ruscha, Carlos Cruz-Diez, Helen Frankenthaler, Donald Sultan, Eric Fischl, Jacob Kassay, Ryan McGinness, and Luis Tomasello, among others.
- Francis Bacon, Untitled (Leon Trotsky) from Triptych, 1987. Estimated at $6,000 to 8,000.
- Carlos Cruz-Diez, Inducción Cromática a Doble Frecuencia (complete set of 10), 2013. Estimated at $25,000 to 35,000.
- Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Wrapped Telephone (from 12 Years of Galeria Joan Prats portfolio), 1988. Estimated at $5,000 to 7,000.
- Ed Ruscha, Bailarina, 1988. Estimated at $6,000 to 8,000.
- Antoni Tàpies, Mitjó, 1971. Estimated at $2,200 to 2,800.
- Ryan McGinness, Women, The Polígrafa Portfolio (complete set of 5), 2012. Estimated at $10,000 to 15,000.
- Luis Tomasello, S/T 2 (complete set of 3), 2013. Estimated at $5,000 to 7,000.
- Jacob Kassay, Frankfurter Allgemeine (complete set of 9), 2014. Estimated at $30,000 to 50,000.
- Donald Baechler, Five Flowers, 2007. Estimated at $1,500 to 2,500.
- Guillermo Kuitca, Sin título 1 & 2, 1997. Estimated at $3,000 to 5,000.
- Donald Sultan, Trumpet March 17 (complete set of 4), 2008. Estimated at $4,500 to 5,000.
Polígrafa: 50 Years in Print is live on artnet Auctions now through March 26, 2015, and is on view at http://www.artnet.com/auctions/poligrafa.
For more information about this sale, please contact artnet Auctions specialist:
SENIOR SPECIALIST, CONTEMPORARY ART, PRINTS & MULTIPLES
+1-212-497-9700 ext. 595
artnet is the leading online resource for the international art market. Established in 1989, artnet provides reliable information and market transparency to art collectors. With our comprehensive suite of products, artnet can empower anyone with a passion for art.
With 24/7 worldwide bidding, artnet Auctions & Private Sales is a dynamic marketplace for collecting art. Our online auction platform provides a unique collecting experience with seamless flow between consignors, specialists, and collectors. Our auctions and private sales community influences new collectors and inspires everyone to collect art.