Use just a few images throughout the site to make sure not to distract people from the message
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 23, 2015
The Social Plus works with many successful businesses providing unique social media content and creating beautiful websites. Many of these companies are new business still learning how to capture the attention of visitors within the first few seconds.
Here are a few tips to creating a sleek and professional website. Urban Leash, an on-demand pet care company, is used as an example:
1. Keep it clean and simple. Make sure that the website is not cluttered. Putting too much information on one page may confuse the reader. Try to keep everything minimal and simplistic. Keeping sentences short and clear will help readers understand the message and find what they’re looking for quickly. Using white space throughout a page will help it feel more modern and less cluttered. Apart from providing exceptional dog walking and cat sitting services, Urban Leash has done this well, by blending a minimal color scheme and short text to maximize clarity for the user.
2. The message should be clear. Companies that specialize in several different areas or incorporate several products on their site have a hard time sending the correct message to users. For Urban Leash, the message is clear, it has a mobile application that allows customers to place their orders, get notifications, read notes, view pictures of their pet, and see where their dog was walked on a GPS tracked map.
3. Easy navigation. The navigation bar should be intuitive and have flow. Urban Leash chose to display its navigation bar horizontally on the top right. This is the most common place to put the navigation bar. Keeping the navigation bar simple and intuitive will help visitors navigate the website easier.
4. Use images to create emotion. Urban Leash’s customers are pet owners. They’re emotionally invested in their pets. Using pet pictures throughout the website helps Urban Leash make an instant connection to its visitors. Use just a few images throughout the site to make sure not to distract people from the message.
5. Pick a few colors. People associate certain color with different feelings. For example, Urban Leash uses blue as the primary color. Blue implies trust, honesty and dependability. These are important feelings to instill when taking care of people’s most prized possessions (their pets). Pick one or two colors that represent a brands feel and keep it flowing throughout the website. Do not overload the pages with too many colors because it will confuse the eye. Also, make sure that the color palette complements the logo.
If in need of website creation or content management, contact The Social Plus today at: (224) 279-1076