FactBox Legal Software Releases Survey of Unbilled Time: Litigators Attest to Not Billing for 100s of Client-Related Hours.

Share Article

FactBox, cloud-based legal software specifically designed for busy litigators, conducted a survey asking “How many client-related hours don't get billed each week?” Litigators responded: A lot.

Only 2% said zero work remains unbilled; 50% said 1-5 hours a week is lost; 24% said 6-10 hours and another 24% said more than 10 hours of client-related work each week is not billed.

"Ten hours at the national average billing rate of $284/hour means an annual loss of more than $145,000 a year for 24% of litigators who responded," said FactBox CEO Lecia Kaslofsky.

FactBox, cloud-based legal software specifically designed for busy litigators, conducted a survey of litigators in the United States. The survey asked “How many client-related hours don't get billed each week?” Litigators responded: A lot. In fact, only 2% said all they billed for all client-related work. The other 98% write off a lot of time: 50% said 1-5 hours a week of client-related work was not billed to the client; 24% said 6-10 hours; and another 24% said more than 10 hours of client-related work each week went unbilled.

"Ten hours at the national average billing rate of $284/hour means an annual loss of more than $145,000 a year for 24% of litigators who responded," said FactBox CEO Lecia Kaslofsky.

The results reflect the redundant work often associated with litigation, as well as budget pressure from clients.

“We designed FactBox to greatly reduce the annoying and redundant tasks that eat up a litigator’s day,” said Ms. Kaslofsky, “Even one hour a day is a massive loss of productivity for these busy professionals.” With FactBox, lawyers have legal case management software to prepare the most important facts, notes and ideas in their cases to reduce this redundant and often unbillable time.

FactBox (https://getfactbox.com) is software-as-a-service (SaaS) for litigators and based in San Francisco with customers in every practice area, at solo firms to +500 lawyer firms, from Seattle to Miami and everywhere in between.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Lecia Kaslofsky
FactBox
+1 415-287-9922
Email >
@GetFactBox
Follow >
FactBox

Follow us on
Visit website