(PRWEB) March 23, 2015
Strategic Radiology® (SR) announced today that Radiologic Medical Services (RMS) of Iowa City, IA has joined forces with the SR® network of progressive, independent radiology groups geographically dispersed throughout the US. Through this alignment, RMS will now have access to the collective resources in all aspects of radiology practice operations, patient safety, clinical quality, and deployment of subspecialized radiology services. RMS’ decision to affiliate with SR® supports the latter organization’s mission to enable radiology groups of all shapes and sizes to collaborate in gaining operational efficiencies and advancing clinical quality on a national scale. With the addition of RMS, SR® now consists of 20 member and affiliate US based radiology group practices.
“The addition of Radiologic Medical Services to the SR® consortium is further validation that we are on the right path for supporting independent radiology group practices across the United States,” said Arl Van Moore, Jr, MD, FACR, CEO of SR. “The collective intelligence within the SR® organization is growing steadily with the addition of every new member. It’s a very exciting time for this dynamic organization and we are excited to have RMS aligned with us.”
Through affiliation with SR®, groups can gain value for their practice and hospital partners in many ways, including participation in the SR Patient Safety Organization® (PSO), the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), SR Subspecialty Teleradiology Partners® (SR-STP®) collaborative national reading pool, and SR forums in which they can interact with their peers on both business operations and quality discussions. These products have been proven to bring value back to existing SR member groups that ultimately benefit the patients, physicians, and hospitals that put their trust in them.
“The choice for our group was clear from the very beginning and we are very excited to be a part of this consortium of progressive radiology group practices,” said Colin O’Brien, MD, president of RMS. “The SR® enterprise wide focus on sharing best practices and supporting independent groups like RMS is what attracted us to select them as a strategic partner. Ultimately, this collaboration will benefit our patients, referring clinicians, and hospital partner by furthering quality and patient safety.”
Radiology groups interested in learning more about affiliating with SR® can access additional information and connect with an SR® contact through the organization’s website at: http://www.strategicradiology.org.
About Radiologic Medical Services (RMS)
Radiologic Medical Services (RMS), P.C. is a provider of inpatient medical imaging services at Mercy Hospital Iowa City and outpatient services at ACR accredited Corridor Radiology and Muscatine Radiology. Providing state of the art imaging equipment and a steadfast commitment to patient centered care, RMS employs a team of fellowship trained, board certified physicians, ASRT certified technologists, and friendly, helpful staff. With the skill and integrity of Iowa City's medical community as their background, RMS physicians are regarded as highly for their medical expertise as they are for their caring demeanor. More information can be found on the RMS website at: http://www.corridorradiology.com.
About Strategic Radiology® (SR®)
SR® consists of 20 geographically diverse and forward thinking US based radiology group practices representing more than 1,300 radiologists. The goal of SR® is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses.
More information can be found on the SR® website at http://www.strategicradiology.org. Current SR® members include:
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY (affiliate member)
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Professional Radiology, Inc.; Cincinnati, OH (affiliate member)
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiant Imaging, Inc.; Pasadena, California (affiliates: The Hill Medical Corporation; Arcadia Radiology Medical Group)
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA (affiliate member)
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates EDVI Medical Imaging, Scottsdale Medical Imaging, and Valley Radiologists
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ