Upper Saddle River, NJ (PRWEB) March 25, 2015
After a long, cold winter, the return of spring is most welcome. To get ready for the season of warmer weather, barbeques and garden projects, Thompson’s WaterSeal is bringing back its season-opening Facebook contest that drew more than 30,000 likes, comments and shares from fans during one month of 2014. Kicking off on the first day of spring, March 20, 2015, “It’s Grill & Chill Time” offers one lucky winner the chance to “deck out” their outdoor space for all the good times to come with a prize package including a new Weber® grill, grilling accessories and a case of Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain – valued at $896.
To enter, simply answer daily questions on the wall at http://www.facebook.com/thompsonswaterseal. Some questions are focused on getting your deck ready for spring, while others are just for fun. For instance:
- According to the Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association, corn is the most popular side dish prepared on the grill. What’s your favorite side dish to make on the grill?
- Which president was the first to host a barbecue at the White House? (Lyndon B. Johnson)
- Name a state in which Major League Baseball’s Spring Training takes place? (Florida or Arizona)
One winner will be chosen at random – and you don’t even have to get the answer right to win. Questions will be posted starting March 20th and concluding April 20th. The winner will receive a Weber Genesis E-310® gas grill, grill cover plus a BBQ tool kit. To complete their deck transformation, they’ll choose the Thompson’s WaterSeal Waterproofing Stain they want from five colors (Acorn Brown, Harvest Gold, Maple Brown, Sequoia Red, Woodland Cedar) and three opacities (transparent, semi-solid or solid). The winner receives one case containing four gallons. (The average deck project uses 2.5 gallons of stain.)
During the month, Thompson’s WaterSeal will also debut a brand-new four-part video series that will walk homeowners through the ABC’s and Ds of Deck Care. Hosted by diy network/HGTV star Jeff Wilson, the videos provide a detailed, practical walk through of a real-world deck makeover:
- Assess the Deck – Jeff talks about getting a plan of action for your deck makeover – such as evaluating the deck’s condition, taking measurements and considering the final look of your deck
- Begin Gathering Tools and Supplies – avoid last-minute trips to the hardware store by gathering everything you need in advance; save money by checking to see what you already have on hand – or what you can borrow
- Cleaning – a critical step, with Jeff suggesting that this may be where you spend most of your time; thorough cleaning ensures that your deck will look good, and the stain adheres well; Jeff demonstrates cleaning a pressure-treated wood deck that is several years old
- “Deck-orating” – Jeff demonstrates applying Thompson’s WaterSeal Waterproofing Stain to protect the deck from water damage while adding beautiful color; because deck stains come in a range of opacities, from clear to solid, you have a lot of possibilities in creating a beautiful outdoor room
Find more information, along with creative projects and practical tips at http://www.thompsonswaterseal.com, http://www.facebook.com/thompsonswaterseal, http://www.twitter.com/thompsonswseal, and http://www.pinterest.com/thompsonswseal.